Do you have closure on old relationships before you begin a new one?

How important is it that both partners come to the relationship with closure from the past?Do you have closure on old relationships before you begin a new one?

1432

Most Helpful Guys

• That's the ideal, but sometimes there is some lingering pain or another type of effect, even if it is as benign as wanting someone with a very different personality. We cannot simply erase the past in our minds.

Most Helpful Girls

• For me it would be really important, but I have learnt that it is not usually even possible to get closure. Sometimes you have to make the closure yourself.

• Very imporant! I need it or else I will ruminate trying to make sense of everything. Sometimes it's hard to get closure depending on the break up situation. I think it's good to settle down and then talk about it after a little bit of time has passed