Do you think 30 is too young for a 45 year old?

So now I'm 22 years old and my boyfriend is 37. He thinks I'm too young for him right now so we're just "good friends". We have a strong connection between each other i never connected with someone this good before. But he talked about marrying me in 7 years when I'm 30 and he's 45, we both really want to marry each other but he's 15 years older than me. Is 30 years old too young for a 45 year old man? Your opinions?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• There are people who do it. If by the time you are 30 and you are still with him and OK with it, I'd guess you'd have a good chance at it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on a few things I guess..
    1. Do you to connect and relate and if you do, will you continue to?
    2. How do your friends and mainly your family feel about this?
    3. Is there a significant generation gap
    For example did he experience some significant change in his life before you were old enough to comprehend it... like did he see someone die in the 9/11 when you were 5

I guess weigh in everything and make an educated choice. Don't be hooked on this guy if there's no possible future with him.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It is nothing age wise

Don't waste 7 years waiting for him

I am 24 & my man is 44

I love him and he loves me. We don't care what other people think

I enjoy the looks other women give us , like OMFG he must be INCREDIBLE in bed!

(He is!)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• It's not too young at all- what matters is your compatibility.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think age is just a number that people get hung up. I know there are age difference we must adhere to or could end up in jail. But if both are adults. And of sound mind. The only time I’d see it a big problem is when your man is really old and you are still in your prime. Will you sti be attracted to him. That’s the tough question.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not an uncommon age gap. What's also not uncommon, is that after just a few years of marriage, the woman will start cheating on her husband because she considers him a feeble old man.

0|0
    0|0
  • seems odd he doesn't want to be with you now... at 37 he should know by now that age is just a number

0|0
    0|0
  • 30 isn't too young in my book for a 45 year old if you guys can connect. But, I wouldn't wait around for him if I were you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Right now his youngest should be 26. At 45, youngest should be 29. So no, 30 isn’t too young.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing is wrong with it

0|0
    0|0
  • no, it's fine

0|0
    0|0
  • eh, its better than being 45 and 15

but, i still would wonder why he's going after such a young women. it should set off red flags. a couple years, is ok. 15 isn't

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• The age rule is divide by two, add 7.
    45/2 = 22.5, add 7 and you get 29.5. No it's not too young.
    Right now though, kinda. but like, you do you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes