How much time do single parents have for dating?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Not a lot. But for the right person, I can see incorporating them I into daily life. That being said though, I think that single parents need to be more selective as to who they bring in and out of their kid’s life.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• That depends and is often a case by case basis. I have met single moms who have primary custody of the kids and one the weekends or every other weekend will drop them off with their dad; so that or a portion of that is time to date. In other situations the dad isn't in the picture or they have their kids fulltime and most of the time they don't really have any free time to date. If you want to get to know them and 'date' them often you are hanging out at their house or doing activities with them and their kids. Sometimes they have friends or parents who can watch the kids while they have a night to go be an adult and go out on dates. But overall I would say a single parent has less time for dating than someone without kids.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it depends on whether they have shared custody or get help from grandparents, among many other factors.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• No idea just being honest

1|1
    0|0
  • If they have a valid support system they should be able to get our kid free at least 4-5 times a month. If not dating solo is difficult. The kids came with my ex and I OFTEN! I didn’t mind, but i didn’t mind. I loved his son.

0|1
    0|0
  • If they have kids, not a lot.

0|2
    0|0
  • A little but obviously not a massive amount...

0|1
    0|0
  • Zero I guess

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• My ex-wife has all the time in the world.
    I would literally have to plan a date with a single mom where we could both bring our kids. LoL!

0|1
    0|0
  • I'll tell you what a friend of mine who married a pre-started family. If she has more than one kid... run! It's just the natural order of things. 2 people meet, they fall in love establish their relationship, then the kids come along and really test that relationship lol. It's hard to form any kind of a foundation when kids are the focus and kids always (should anyways) come first.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends whether they're a good parent or not. That chcik who left her kids home alone and flew to German i think it was. My guess is she makes time. lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I am not sure to understand the question. Do you means "how long single parents should wait after separation before dating again?" if it is this my answer is zero day : Your life, your choice, your opportunities.
    I suppose it is hard as a single parent to make meet new "partners" to own child but it is irrelevant : live your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I genuinely don't know, but a lot less than people without kids. The kid should come first, and other people have to understand that.

1|1
    0|0
  • My dad had quite a few dates back then so i think it depends on the person, their schedule, the amount of kids, their age, and a lot more factors.

0|1
    0|0
  • It varies

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the single parent.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not much

0|1
    0|0
  • Damn near zero.