How much time do single parents have for dating?

713

Most Helpful Girls

• Not a lot. But for the right person, I can see incorporating them I into daily life. That being said though, I think that single parents need to be more selective as to who they bring in and out of their kid’s life.

Most Helpful Guys

• That depends and is often a case by case basis. I have met single moms who have primary custody of the kids and one the weekends or every other weekend will drop them off with their dad; so that or a portion of that is time to date. In other situations the dad isn't in the picture or they have their kids fulltime and most of the time they don't really have any free time to date. If you want to get to know them and 'date' them often you are hanging out at their house or doing activities with them and their kids. Sometimes they have friends or parents who can watch the kids while they have a night to go be an adult and go out on dates. But overall I would say a single parent has less time for dating than someone without kids.

• I think it depends on whether they have shared custody or get help from grandparents, among many other factors.