Single parents who are dating: How important is it that your future partner have an impact on your child’s life?

What kind of relationship would be ideal between them? Just curious.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I am a single parent and a large reason I am not dating is BECAUSE of my kids. I love them very much and don't want a woman that I hook up with affecting their lives in a detrimental way - so... I simply don't date. Pretty kooky eh? Both my kids are legal adults but I still don't want any drama / negative fallout wrt my kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm going to assume a single mother here, since that is more common.

Depends to a large extent on the role of the child's father. If he isn't a part of the child's life and male relatives of the mother are not. there is more scope and perhaps more need for the partner to be involved in the child's life, but that depends as well on what everyone is comfortable with.

2|0
    0|0
    • My daughter's other mother seems to have disowned her. She never really had a father

Most Helpful Girl

• well my mom is a single parent and has a boyfriend but my dad and her don’t communicate because he doesn’t have a reason to, when he wants to talk to me he texts me but I think it’s very important for a child to have both parents in their life even if they’re separated.

1|0
    0|0
    • oops I read the question wrong smh 🤦🏾‍♀️

• But my moms boyfriend doesn’t really have an impact in my life like yeah he buys me food and stuff, and we have a decent relationship but that’s about it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• As a full-time single parent, I don't have time for a relationship beyond adult fun when the opportunities happen to present themselves. Everything I do is behind the scenes and no one is ever introduced to my son. Maybe when my son is much older I'll consider dating and/or a relationship, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

1|0
    0|1
  • My wife is my daughter step mom and they have an amazing bond best friends but I mh personally opinion very much yes if the 3 of you can't work out at least 85% of the time it's going to be more difficult

1|0
    0|0
  • if you know that your partner is a single mother or father then you must also give love and respect to the child same as you are giving to partner...

2|0
    0|0
  • I have been a single dad for seven years, and not found the need for a relationship, my son is now a manager at Tesco, so in some cases no need for external help xx

1|0
    0|0
  • My hopes are that if she marries me, she becomes apart of my family, so some degree of positive impact would be expected. But that can be hard.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's only important if I can have some guarantee that the person I intend on dating is a decent sort with a mind to stay in the relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • A woman should always put her kids first

2|0
    0|0
  • I think its very important

0|0
    0|0
  • HAHAHAH never date a women with kids

1|0
    1|0
    • I'll date a man with kids, a woman with kids, an enby with kids - they are fun people!

• Show All
    • It's hard to guage. But if god wants me to be a miserable old cunt then she's out of luck. I'm going through my second puberty and loving it more than the first.

• @DakotaNorth

it's ok you are of this world
      and you will die with this world
      good luck

go join them
      i heard its hard to breathe under the earth
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSEBkmRQpG0

What Girls Said 4

• Expect the child to mock his behaviors

1|0
    0|0
  • That person doesn't have to love my daughter but they must respect her and realize she will always be a part of my life.
    I would give the same respect to any of their kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • Um, very! Coz u about to bring someone else into ur life and if u plan on introducing someone to ur child, just relax and do it at ur own pace.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a parent but i would expect the same as me

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes