Single parents who are dating: How important is it that your future partner have an impact on your child’s life?

What kind of relationship would be ideal between them? Just curious.

511

Most Helpful Guys

• I am a single parent and a large reason I am not dating is BECAUSE of my kids. I love them very much and don't want a woman that I hook up with affecting their lives in a detrimental way - so... I simply don't date. Pretty kooky eh? Both my kids are legal adults but I still don't want any drama / negative fallout wrt my kids.

• I'm going to assume a single mother here, since that is more common.

Depends to a large extent on the role of the child's father. If he isn't a part of the child's life and male relatives of the mother are not. there is more scope and perhaps more need for the partner to be involved in the child's life, but that depends as well on what everyone is comfortable with.

• My daughter's other mother seems to have disowned her. She never really had a father

Most Helpful Girl

• well my mom is a single parent and has a boyfriend but my dad and her don’t communicate because he doesn’t have a reason to, when he wants to talk to me he texts me but I think it’s very important for a child to have both parents in their life even if they’re separated.

• oops I read the question wrong smh 🤦🏾‍♀️

• But my moms boyfriend doesn’t really have an impact in my life like yeah he buys me food and stuff, and we have a decent relationship but that’s about it.