Is it possible not to fall for your best friend if they're of the opposite gender?

Like simple platonic friends between opposite gender is that even possible?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Sure. I've done it. If it didn't work every guy would escape the friend zone. I don't do friend zone by the way, but I do do friends that I don't hang with hoping she will give me a chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • I doubt it. If you really like each other, it's bound to spark something (romantically) between you two at least once. That doesn't mean it will or won't last. That's up to the two of you. But I suppose it's possible that you two can remain platonic your whole lives.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It can happen but what happens often (even when they’re not friends) is confusing sexual chemistry with love. My point being : no matter what happens, make sure it’s not the second option before messing up things.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• It happens most of the time. For me it was life devastating

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe that it’s quite difficult to be friends but possible. In my opinion the fist factor is to remove the sexual tension side, if that doesn’t exist then it’s easier in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and its not gay , but you don't want to go too far with those feelings

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • How many best friends do you have?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I have 6 friends who fall into this category.

0|0
    0|0
    • They never liked each other more than just friends?

• No. I am close friends with all of them, never wanted to be with them romantically.

• Difficult. Yet possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope that what the friend zone is

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• My ex boyfriend who cheated on me is my best friend lol, things change and people change, I NEVER think of him in a sexual way, but I love him with all of my heart in a soul mate kind of way, but the attraction/heat isn't there, it's a different kind of love

1|0
    0|0
  • It's possible.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes