My boyfriend’s social media behavior is driving me insane, what should I do?

So my boyfriend spends a lot time using Snapchat and I can see it from the map that he’s online.. I would text him on WhatsApp and he won’t answer me while being online on Snapchat.. I asked him if he has girls he said no.. then why is he using this 24/7 .. something feels off how can I tell if he’s cheating? We’ve been together for so long and I don’t know what to think.. his social media behavior annoys me..

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• You do know that it's possible to see that without them being online right? You are more likely to see them on the map if you are "best friend's" according to Snapchat. To the point of tracking them when yo don't even have the app running on your phone.

1|0
    0|0
    • It’s says just now or 1 minute ago.. the issue is I’m talking to him on WhatsApp while it’s * just now on Snapchat * and he’s not responding to me

• Show All
    • No. Al long as his phone is on it updates if you are best friends on Snapchat.

• He sees the same with you unless you have your privacy settings changed with each update.

• He just needs some space. Don't text him for a while and he'll text you back and start chasing you

1|0
    0|0
    • This game is endless and I’m tired of it.. I did this a lot I’d stop talking and baaaam surprisingly the lion actually cares..

• Haha so you know how it is. It's not worth stressing over

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• snapchat addiction

I have snapchat but ask me if i use it? lol

I`ll prolly just open it every once in a while

But some people are so addicted that they have to take a snap of every little thing.

1|0
    0|0
    • Which is weird cause he’s not posting pictures and yet he uses it 24/7

• 24/7? Come on... if social media is really an issue in your relationship (why?) talk to him about it. If you don't trust him you shouldn't be with him.

1|0
    0|0
    • Lately he’s using social media way too much.. and I trust him but sometimes I’m like what’s more important you’re real life or this fake ones

• It's good you are smart to know the difference, because you are right that social media isn't reality. Again, talk to him about it and tell him how you feel. If you don't like what you hear give him his walking papers.

• For fucks sake... Do he use his time with you? Or on his phone?

0|0
    0|0
  • You are already his, now he's looking for somone else, probably tired of potatoes everyday

0|0
    0|0
    • I am a French fries !!!

What Girls Said 9

• My advice is when he is asleep
    Or in the shower

Take his phone quickly look what he is up to

Because he may be talking to his friend
    Brother
    Family member
    Maybe planning something
    And yes maybe talking to another girl

1|0
    0|0
    • He might but I’m not sure if I can go through his phone.. I get it there will be convos between him and his friends and it will be weird but the thing is he’s a priority to me but from where I stand I’m not his priority since he ignores me while using snapchat

• Just go through it.
      And if ur not his priorities then leave

• Trust your instincts. If something feels off, it probably is. Ask him why he is always using it? If he doesn't have a good reason and tries to say its because he is bored, then ask him to delete the app for a while, and use something else.

0|1
    0|2
    • Asking him to delete the app is a bad idea lol. It'll make you come off as possessive and crazy

• Show All
    • @Crystal28 Over anything really. Best to address it in whatever way works best for her.
      Thank you and @Max_SS for the debate. Its always nice to get others opinions and explanations without it getting heated.

• 😊 we all had reasonable point of views

• Talk with him about it and tell him how you feel, ask him how he feels
    Doesn't mean he is cheating, just could be that your relationship cooled off a little and both just need to talk things out and do new stuff

And also by the way if you feel something is off, then something is off, trust your gut feeling

1|0
    0|0
  • So glad my lover doesn't have a ton of social media. All he has is the website we met each other on. Though we can talk to other people... it would be weird not knowing who he's talking to!

Tell your boyfriend you're not sure how he really feels about you. If you're supposed to be exclusive, this is messed up. Social media fucks up everything. Do you love him? Figure out if YOU still feel the same way about him.

Note; I only do open relationships now because I don't trust anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a suspect ass ex who did the Snapchat thing. Personally I think it’s self absorbed nonsense. It’s just girls showing off themselves. We’ve since broken up. It was so obvious how into self absorbed culture he was

1|0
    0|0
  • If it bothers you either ignore it or dump his ass. Your intuition of cheating may be correct.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol this 19 year old who hit me up at the gym insisted I add him so when I finally did he just wouldn't stop sending me selfies, maybe he's just a narcissist like that...

0|0
    0|0
    • Boys lol
      He thinks by sending you selfies you’ll magically be interested in him

• You can't find out if he's cheating, but if you don't trust him and immediately associate him being on Snapchat with cheating, then there is a suspicion (trust) problem that you have to think about. Relationships with zero trust can never last. If he's the type of person to cheat then you should leave. If you dont know him enough to know if he's a person who's capable of cheating, that's also a bad thing..

Also.. just a side note, if you have time to always stalk your boyfriend on social media, that might be a bit of an obsession that you need to work on, if not for this relationship, then for future relationships.

0|0
    0|0
    • It’s not about trust.. it’s the fact he’s not answering me because he won’t close the app and text me back

• Show All
    • You’re right I should start doing that maybe he’ll appreciate me more.. problem is when I did that I was playing a video game and he got mad at me cause i was playing with guys.. it’s more like whatever I do he’ll find something wrong about it

• Well.. think about it this way: although it should be ok to play games with other people - whether guys or girls, would you be happy if he played with girls? Or would you be a bit suspicious? you're already suspicious when he's on Snapchat all the time.
      Maybe find something that'll be ok for both of you and won't rise any suspicion, even tho, of course, trust can play a big role in the amount of freedom u both get in your relationship

• Maybe he just wants s p a c e?

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t talk to him all the time honestly and we don’t hang out a lot it just bothers me that when I talk he answers late because of this app

Recommended myTakes