My best friend is dating my ex boyfriend? Do I have a right to be mad?

Anonymous
I am a junior in high school. I broke up with my ex boyfriend about four months ago on bad terms. One of my best friends also dated this guy, but it didn't really mean much because it was a hold-hands-only couple months middle school relationship. About two months ago, my best friend is constantly around my ex, who does not talk to girls at all unless he plans on dating them. I confronted my friend about this, and she insisted that they were just friends.

Fast forward to about a week ago. Their "friendship" really started to get on my nerves because they were always around each other even when I asked my friend not to. Because my ex and I ended on such bad terms and the breakup is so recent, I am not okay with them dating. Additionally, my ex seriously hurt my friend when they "broke up" before.

I approached my friend about a week ago pretending to be okay with them dating and I asked her if she fancied him. It turns out she does, and I'm about 99% positive he likes her. Yesterday, I asked her if we could talk about it and she wouldn't really listen to me. Today she told me that she would talk to who she wanted to and that she was never okay with me dating my ex in the first place. The thing is, I asked for her permission about fifty times before dating him, and she said yes. She didn't even consider my feelings before talking to him.

Do I have a right to be mad at my friend, or am I insane? (I have no intention of ever getting back together with my ex.)
+1 y
A lot of you said I should just dump her as a friend and leave them alone and so I dumped her today. I guess sometimes it takes an ex getting involved to realize you have a toxic friend.
7
11