Does anyone else feel bad that their partner always insists on paying for them?

The last couple times that we’ve gone out, my boyfriend has paid for me which is really sweet of him of course but it makes me feel kind of guilty sometimes. I’ve offered to pay several times and every time, he refuses and says that he’ll never let me pay and he wants to be a gentleman. I just feel like it’s a little unfair and we’re teenagers so it’s not like he has a lot of money anyway. I know I should appreciate that he’s willing to do that for me but I just can’t shake the guilt. Does anyone else feel this way?
For all the guys that say that this never happens to them, why exactly do you always insist on paying?

1119

Most Helpful Guys

• I go through this all the time holy lmao. Basically I always pay for my girl because I'm lucky enough to have enough money to do so, but she always feels guilty regardless (I live in the middle of the city, own property, etc). We've eventually come up with a system however because equality n dat (I agree) that maybe Ill pay for one, she'll pay for another, or we'll split sometimes. Insisting on paying should come from both sides honestly, but the guy usually pays because thats probably the social norm.

• I don't insist.. but I enjoy doing so, because I like treating my girl as if she's a queen. I enjoy doing things only I can do... fixing her pc if it crash, installing or mounting her tv, lifting a heavy ass piano from the van... paying for any outing.

its just something I enjoy personally, and I'm glad she allows me to be chivalrous an isn't into this new age equality stuff.

I enjoy equality, and believe in it, and if she WANTS to pay by all means... but it isn't frowned upon if I choose to do so by her lol.

Most Helpful Girls

• Same here. I hate it when a guy insists on paying all the time- at least let me pay half or my part of the meal!
    But some men are raised to pay the bill when they take a woman out.

Next time why don't you offer to take him out, your treat? In the past when a guy has taken me out, if they insist on paying, I offer to buy the next meal (and I do too!), or if we go out for dessert after dinner, like ice cream? I pay for that.

• I’ve been with my boyfriend for 2 years and we both support each other financially. If I’m short on cash for lunch or whatever he will give me whatever he can. There was once I took $5 dollars from him without asking and literally came back to tell him I was sorry and cried and he took the the $5 to me and handed me a $20. He has no Problem giving me something if I need it.

• this is the way it had to be, cause money doesn't matter, i respect u both, this made my day thank u! (faith in humanity restored)