Is it normal for someone to bring up their ex constantly while they’re in a new relationship?

My boyfriend is super sweet and treats me really well but I have one complaint. He is ALWAYS bringing up his ex. I don’t think a single day goes by where he doesn’t mention her multiple times. When he brings her up it’s always for the sake of comparing her and I and he’ll always say that I’m better, he’s never compared us and put her above. Despite this, it still doesn’t make me feel great knowing that he even thinks about her that much. Maybe I’m being paranoid but I can’t shake the feeling that he isn’t completely over her. I finally asked him about it today and he apologized and said that he does that because his ex was his first experience for everything so he feels the need to compare us.

915

Most Helpful Girl

• Was that his first gf?

• 4d

He had girlfriends before her but she was his first “serious” girlfriend. They were together for almost two years I think.

• 4d

Me for instance, my ex and I were together for 2 years and he was my first boyfriend and we are still cool with eachother and I wouldn't being him up often but i do still think about our relationship bc 1, I've learned a lot and i changed. It affected me a lot so things like that when it really affected ur life u can't really just let it go like that if it makes sense.

So if u have an issue with it, don't get mad or anything. One thing i find i always mess up when i assume something and I dont look at it from the other person's perspective. So just ask him and have a convo about it. U can even ask questions about things in his past and it'll bring u two closer to eachother. People who really love eachother have to except them for who they are but also for who they were😉

• 4d

MHO right here!