Does he not respect me?

My best friend of 2 years and I are now dating. We have hung out so many times before as best friends/ crushing on one another.
He is super busy with work and school. So I asked him if he would like to go to the new Thai place tonight. He said "no promises cause I may work late but I will let you know in a bit" He texted me back that he is able to.

He told me the place is 2 mins from his house & I live all the way across town. So to just meet him at his house and we will go there. I was a bit upset that he didn't come to pick me up. I told him he should be driving cause that's usually how it goes. He said "everything we do is 50/50 and it makes no sense to travel across town"

So I came to his house. He then came out wearing gym clothes. I was wearing jeans & a nice top. He then drove my car to the place. And had his hand on my leg on the way there. I told him that he needs to wear fancy clothes when we go out. And he said "I thought this place was casual"

It was a nice dinner and he paid for everything. I wanted ice cream afterwards and he said "no; we are done for today. Another time." and laughed. He then drove me back to his house and kissed me goodnight.

Do these signs show he doesn't respect me? Anytime I ask him last minute to hang out with my family and I he is busy with work or school. He talks to me every day and never leaves me on read even tho he is super busy.

But does he respect me?

03