Would you be cool with dating someone who only first took interest in you for your race?

Or if they they make it clear that you wouldn't be their choice if you were a different race?
  • I would be okay in either case
    Vote A
  • Yes to the first, no to the second
    Vote B
  • No to either of them
    Vote C
  • Yes to the second, no to the first
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• I have a racial preference, so its only fair.
    Plus just because theyre interested in me because of my race, it doesn't mean that they wouldn't love me for my personality.
    And if they were not interested in me if i were a different race.. Well they propably wouldn't be interested in me if i were 50kg heavier or of a different gender. Its just normal, isn't it.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

What’s your racial preference? And why do you like that?

• Show All
    • 6d

@Tellme i gotta be Xper 2+ to send messages
      I've been commenting a lot so thesre just slow at updating. If i remember tomorrow, ill definitely message u

• 3d

@nights0ng You could also add me, then I can message you! lol

• Honestly, no. I'd feel fetishized. I actually rejected multiple white and black men who kept mentioning my ethnicity, I felt uncomfortable. I don't think it was with malicious intent, but it was just so much that I don't think I could deal with that for the rest of our lives (and i date for ever or for never. So don't come at me with that "it's just a date, give them a chance" crap).
    Like what if I'm not "Latina" enough for them? I was born and raised here in the US. I was raised to Mexican parents and most of my family wasn't born here. But I'd still feel awkward. It's a no from me bro

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no! That's racist as hell!

0|2
    0|0
  • No that's racist

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• No. Because I am far, far more than my race. I wasn't given a choice to pick my race at birth. I did not put any effort into achieving my race. I am an individual, with hopes and dreams and idiosyncracies, not a representation of a race or any group of people.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont really mind what anyone STARTS dating me for, I mostly care about what it develops into. If we were to fall in love, it wouldn't matter what feelings first brought us together.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure... it is only their first interest. Just so long as they find more valid reasons to like you more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya as I don’t believe In racial preferences to that extent. I probably would find it a little uncomfortable

—> id prefer her to be with me for me more over what race I am

0|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't date someone who was only dating me as a fetish

0|0
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes