What do you mean when you say "we are taking things real slow!"?

I guess that
I guess that "going slow" means different things to different people
I recently saw a post which said "we are taking things really slow. . . we’ve been talking 5 months. . . having sex since we met. . . but he still says for me to just wait. . . he doesn’t want a relationship right now." This user was an adult and I thought she must be incredibly naive to think that this constitutes "taking things real slow."

I guess she thinks that this "taking it slow" because they are not making an emotional commitment, but. . . to me, taking things slow means not jumping into a sexual relationship. In my experience, if a person is serious about dating - not just looking for casual sex - it is the act of having sex that makes the relationship move to a more serious level of commitment.

What does "taking things real slow" mean to you?

1312