Have you and your date ever dressed completely differently for a date?

Meaning that one of you was either overdressed or underdressed and the other wasn't.

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes that's usually when I start dressing them. Have you?

1|2
    0|0
    • 6d

LOL; yes I have (just once, though). I was the underdressed one.

• Show All
    • 6d

I never drag mine shopping. I actually haven't bought any clothes other than sports jerseys and shoes in years.

• 6d

Really lol. Yeah you guys don't like it and it ruins it for us.

Most Helpful Guys

• When we started dating, I wore the usual suits I wear at work and University.
    The first time she wore shirt and blazer, then sweaters and asked to dress more casually if I wanted. So most of the time I wear sweaters and shirts with her now.

0|1
    0|0
  • One time my girlfriend told me we were going to a masked Halloween party...
    So I showed up as a swat member in riot gear.

... She meant masked ball like Victorian mask.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• I've only gone to casual dates, where there was no question how to dress.

0|1
    0|0
  • I go out of my way to not dress nice. I dress casual cute. Because it just looks super weird to be dressed really nice and put tons of effort into your appearance and the guy is like a slob lol or he just doesn't know how to dress himself... either way.

It's really annoying. I always find myself having an issue with every guy I am interested in, they never dress good. Just putting some effort into your appearance can make you 100 times hotter on top of you already hotness.

But I have to shut off that side of my brain and tell myself, "I am interested in him for him not for wanting to change how he dresses" Though if a guy ever was like, "Can you help find me tips on how to dress myself." I would have a field day and transform him. I would be so happy.

Like if he's wearing a t shirt and jeans, obviously I am not going to wear a dress. Why would I? That would look awkward. But if he was wearing a nice suit shirt and nice jeans or nice slacks.

Where it basically looks like he put considerable thought and time into his outfit I would gladly wear a cute dress. I don't want to put effort when the guy isn't putting effort either.

But of course I wouldn't waste my time with a guy who wears stained clothes and is just a slob overall. But if it's obvious he doesn't know how to dress good but tried that helps me decide to go on a date with him again.

If the guy knew how to dress himself I would go full out and dress how I normally dress myself. I don't know maybe it's a bad thing that I don't want to be dressed super nice and cute when the guy wears casual clothes.

I think at that point I'm like his trophy and he's this dude that got lucky. I don't like that feeling and that's why I prefer if he dresses hot too so we could both be hot together.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really a full on date but invent was meeting up with this boy i knew from school so instead of just jeans and a hoddie
    I wore sum nice leggings and a tighter fitting shirt lol
    Matching underwear and everything not that I thought anything was
    Coming to happen it just made me feel more confident

0|1
    0|0
  • I was overdressed for a date at a sports bar. I wore a cocktail dress, high heels and full makeup, while he dressed in casual jeans and a t-shirt. The date was still great and he was nice. But it didn't work for us.

0|1
    0|0
  • My SO almost always underdresses. Its kind of irritating lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah my husband always kinda dresses down but it's fine with me. Its really no big deal.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never happened. I'll ask if unsure about the attire.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, we had a Halloween date so I dressed up as a ninja

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol yeah, I was a bit underdressed and he was wearing a really nice suit

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.. do you need to match your date?

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

Well, the questions pertains to one person being dressed inappropriately for the occasion.

• It happened many times lol. Mostly I overdressed.

1|1
    0|0
  • No. We dress both casual

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't, we both dressed casual. But depending on location or the date I would dress more fancy.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, normally the location is a guide of what to wear.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I pretty much dress the same. I have a classic style that I can slightly modify to fit almost any occasion with a simple addition or deletion of an article.

If I'm over dressed I remove the sport coat, or sweater, for a more casual look. Add the coat and I have a more dressed up look. Swap my Derby shoes for driving mocs, or sneakers and my whole look takes on a super casual look.

Special occasions I can pull out one of my suits. Rarely, am I caught under or over dressed.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, sometimes her dresses won't fit me and my tits aren't big enough to fill up her bra and my pants would be way too long for her.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I overdressed once, she was all casual and I was all clean and debonair.

0|1
    0|0
  • piss poor planning leads to a piss poor performance

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Then again, I've only been on four dates.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m always in a suit on a date

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, that has happened a few times.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes