Why do I not get many dates even when people tell me I'm beautiful?

So I'm a female woman in her late 20's with a good education and a career that I'm really passionate about. I'm very calm-natured and easy to get along with maybe because I'm generally a positive person and don't take myself too seriously. But also fiercely independent. I've been told quite often that I'm beautiful, gorgeous, stunning etc. Yet I find it hard to find someone to date and go through long periods without seeing anyone. It never bothered me in my early twenties but now I'm at the point where it would be nice to find a good man. I've been using tinder on and off for years and although I get loads of matches and guys tell me I'm too good to be true (I try not to let it get to my head as no one's perfect), the convos fade out although I know I can hold one, and those I've dated from there turn out horrid. Offline I only get stared at but never approached and the ones that do are never my type. But my friends seem to get dates easily and find boyfriends. What do you think could be the cause of me finding it so hard to find someone, even though people tell me that I shouldn't? I know this is quite vague, but anything would help. Thanks!

22