Am I Too Controlling Over My Boyfriend?

My boyfriend is incredibly interested in psychedelics because he’s done them in the past and he still wants to experiment with them now. We talked about it, and I told him I don’t want to be with someone who does drugs, and I’ve always felt that way. He said he won’t, because he loves me, and I’m more important to him than drugs. I still feel bad though, because I don’t want to constrict him, and I don’t want him to resent me in the future. He says he won’t, and that I don’t constrict him, but I can’t help but feel that I am. We also had this same discussion about weed, and he said he wouldn’t smoke it for me, but in the end, I said I didn’t want to control him, and I told him I don’t mind if he smokes, mainly because it’s not often, it’s usually just with friends. As a child, I grew up around druggies and alcoholics. I was raised by them. And I don’t want that life for myself, I don’t want drugs associated in my life at all. Also, I feel like psychedelics and other drugs are something that you should try when you’re younger. It’s okay to experiment. But now, in our twenties, I feel we’ve outgrown that, and we’re at a very serious stage in our lives. Am I too controlling?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 2

• It isn't controlling to state what you don't want. It IS controlling to try and make people adhere to what you want! You said you don't want to be with someone who does drugs which is perfectly okay to say. Now if you start going through his things, reading his message, testing his urine and going all psycho then YES, you are controlling, but stating your boundaries is fine. He has been warned if he does drugs anyway leave him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeap.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Hey! Yes! Let me totally take an idiotic seventeen year old’s advice!

Recommended myTakes