How do we feel about people who get along with almost exclusively their own sex?

People always talk about how big of a red flag it is when a girl has mostly guy friends and what not.

But what I don’t see a whole lot of people talking about, is how do we feel about someone who had a disproportionate amount of friends of their own sex, as in they almost exclusively appeal to their own sex.

I mean the way I see it is that some of these people just don’t know how to appeal to someone of the opposite sex in a non sexual way or they just don’t know how to be sexy. Whenever I see a girl like this I notice that they often try too hard to appear cool to a guy or get them to like him.

But how do y’all feel about these types.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I’m almost only friends with girls. Not by choice, but I just find girls easier to talk to because we understand each other better. Guys are fun to be around but I have no guys that I’d call up to hang out with on the weekends you know. Only my boyfriend. Literally the only male friend I have is my cousin and he’s my best friend soo..

0|0
    0|0
  • That's an interesting observation that not having any friends of the opposite sex doesn't seem to raise many eyebrows in general. I've come across quite a few women like that, and most had pretty low opinions of men. They thought that men could not be trusted, but oddly, also that women who were "just friends" with men could also not be trusted, because surely everybody knows that a man and a woman can't just be friends, right? If they had boyfriends, they were definitely not allowed to have female friends. It always feels really strange and sad to me to meet women who think like that. They are so distrustful and rigid in their thinking, and frankly, also kind of stuck in a previous century.

Then again, it's probably a result of their upbringing. If you are raised to conform very strongly to your gender role, I guess you might find it difficult to relate to the other sex in any other way than a romantic or family type context.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Probably because it's not considered abnormal or suspicious in any way. It could be that they just don't have anything in common with most people of the opposite sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ummm... you're talking about most of the human species... Why don't we talk about them? Because they're most of the human species, we don't tend to talk about things that are common like this.

(picking random names here to make an example) Like if I were to say, oh hey Sam, did you notice that Jim has brown hair? He would probably have a reaction like: "Ok..." We find common things uninteresting typically.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes