If you like someone, do you ask him/her out?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no hard and fast rule for me, meaning I have had experiences either way. However, as I'm gay, I try to be extra careful about the interest originating from the other man, especially if he's straight. That's because some straight guys send mixed signals and can take severe offense if I read them incorrectly (because being liked by another guy may be offensive to some men).

I should also say that, in my relationships with men, I fulfill the traditional role of a girl on and off the bed. For that reason, it is more often that I wait for the man to ask me out, sort of independently from my first concern described above.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, if I know they're single, available, and there's a chance they might like me!

Now actually having said guy date or want to go out with me is another story, lol.
    Just because you ask someone out, they're definitely not obligated to say yes or like you back, unfortunately.

1|0
    0|0
    • You get an A+ for being that brave to at least take the step and have clarity wheter they like you or not :)

• Yeah, being rejected sucks! 😣 But it definitely toughens you up and teaches you about rejection and heartbreak, lol

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• too rifur ask them because it's better to possabily get knocked back by someone than to always wonder what could of been

1|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Most guys are so impressed that a girl asks them out that they says yes about 90% and it also helps that i am awesome

• fair I do really like a girl that isn t afraid to initiate things. and I'll have to take your word for you been awesome. unless you fancy proving your awesomeness by chatting more and letting me find out for my self😆

• Actually asking out a girl for a date or drink in US
    is considered by 25 % of males a sexual harrasment so you know now how much fucked up is your society in US

0|2
    0|0
  • I would ask out a girl I like, but I need to talk to her for a while first, get to know her and gauge what she thinks of me, before asking her out.

If she seems normal, and I pick up cues that she is interested too, then I ask her out, but after a LOT of planning.

0|0
    0|0
  • sometimes, i usually get crushes on girls who don't like me back, (at least i think) so i don't bother, i might try to bother with reading their body language and attitude towards me and depending on that i make my decision.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's usually how it works, doesn't it? Of course there's the possibility that they don't feel the same way. But hey, if you don't try, you won't know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never gets that far usually. A lot of girls like to waste my time unfortunately. All flirt, but they don't want anything else or they already have a side project.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do but it feels like its kind of useless. More and more girls expect a near perfect man and won't accept anything less even if it means being lonely.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't allow myself to develop those kinds of feelings, just leads to disappointment when you constantly get rejected. It's better to die alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't ask people out. I'm not that bold. I would also rather not take things further than friendship.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why is that?

• I live in a home for the mentally ill, and although I do work, I do not make enough to support myself, so I don't want to waste anyone's time on dating me given that there is no prospect of building a long term relationship with a woman. I would only hold her back. It would not be fair on her, and I doubt that any woman would want to take on the burden of a man-child, hence the friends only policy.

• Yes I do its nerve racking hate rejection but its worth the try. If they say no Ill move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not if they're married, involved or way too young.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on where I see a hypothetical relationship going

0|0
    0|0
  • Not yet but once I get in shape I'll be good enough

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because no one at least a bit sane would ever accept to date me.

0|0
    0|0
    • @iliamilik I think he blocked you exactly for the most obvious reason: he doesn't want to talk to you anymore. You hurt him and he didn't forgive you.
      As for that dating site, maybe it was him, but I think it would be a coincidence. And if it was him, he probably tried to get rid of you without telling who he was.

• what the hell are you talking about the dating site guy didn't try to get rid of me i was the one who said i couldn't text him... wtf

• I would, if I had an confidence

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I’m too afraid to ask

0|1
    0|0
  • I did. I got rejected every time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Typically I try to if I get a chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.
    I have fear of getting rejected.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes.

might as well right?

0|0
    0|0
  • well if you dont nothing is gonna happen

0|0
    0|0
  • exactly yes, I don't want to waste the opportunity

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m too shy

0|0
    0|0
  • No its considered harassment to a lot of females

0|2
    0|0
  • HELLS NO!

Guys shouldn't even approach females for any reason, even to save their life. Women are way too volatile and dangerous to men at the moment.

Just saying "Hi" can be considered sexual harassment.

0|4
    0|0
    • Ex boyfriend blocked me Sunday and he NEVER blocked me bfore and what's strange is yesterday before he blocked me I was on a singles site where I also met him a while back and a guy messaged me but it awfully seemed like my ex with same age and height. He asked to ask then sent his phone to text I said I couldn’t already move on to texting, 30 minutes after I wrote that 9:30 am my ex blocked me on viber at 10 am and I know because his online status was no longer visible. When I tried calling the number the guy gave with s blocked number it was one of those made up free numbers from an app. Does it sound like it was him? My ex would also use apps like textfree to get a number form and text me. Why did he block me? Apparently I hurt him and I tried going back and he complained how I hurt him so he expected me to keep trying? I asked earlier December to meet and he couldn't because he had to take his dad the alterations... Does this mean despite this he still had feelings and hopes to get back together? What would make him block me?

• Of course not. Im the most undesirable man on the planet, why would I want to get yet another rejection for no reason?

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 15

• Of course, why not? Maybe if I don’t do it later I would regret. I don’t want no regrets in my life even if the date will go wrong. Or maybe who knows that person will become very important in my life. I’m not going to miss an opportunity to go out with someone I like

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol, just because I like someone doesn't mean I'm gonna ask them out. I have to get to know them as a person, not just a pretty face. Then is when I decide to ask on out or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • I normally just wait for them to ask me out or tell me they like me. Which is rarely ever 😂😂 Guys don’t really like me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well that depends usually I ask if they like me first and then I would proceed to ask them out if they said yes but no one's said yes yet lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea, until I am 100% sure he likes me the same way too. Then I go for the kill

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they don't get hints anyway and I'd rather do it than never know

1|0
    0|0
  • No I’m too shy, I wish I was confident enough to do that

0|1
    0|0
  • My idea was to take a club hit her with it drag her back by my place by her hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess so, but it depends on the situation.

1|0
    0|0
  • i've never asked anyone out.

0|0
    0|1
  • Someone has to

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I don't have time for all that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I asked him. Several times. It never worked.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't like anyone anymore lol I don't see the point I'm 17 I don't need to get my heartbroken I am in school

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes