Would you date someone your friend has dated in the past?

Is it wrong to?

3945

Most Helpful Guys

• Everyone has a past and I don't have a problem with that, but the exception is if she dated a friend. I do not like the idea of her with a friend of mine and then with me. It is irrational perhaps and it's not physically different than her having prior boyfriends, but psychologically for me I can't and won't.

• As long the other two don't have a problem with it.

I know someone who (separately) dated two sets of brothers. Never asked her what they thought of that.

Most Helpful Girls

• Why not? My friend does not need to have the same tastes as I do when it comes to the assets of a person and what makes this person attractive to me.

I would however give it sufficient time between her break-up and my dating in order not to give her the feeling that I was just waiting for her break-up to happen. This is the kind of action that can ruin a friendship.

I would never do anything that would ruin a good and honest friendship by trying to grab her boyfriend away from her.

I had at various occasions found that my friend's boyfriend was cute but to destroy a love and a friendship just to have it my way. I have that much dignity not to cause hardships just for my own pleasure and satisfaction.

• My first boyfriend was one of my best friends' ex boyfriend. She was fine with it because she was the one who broke up and liked someone else. I don't think I would recommend it otherwise. If the one you want to date was the one who broke up with your friend, your friend could suspect you had a thing for them while they were dating. They could also suspect you secretly wanted them to break up so you could be with him/her. It usually brings more drama than it's worth. Also, they broke up for a reason. What happened? Do you really want to bring the same problems into your relationship?