Would you date someone your friend has dated in the past?

Is it wrong to?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Everyone has a past and I don't have a problem with that, but the exception is if she dated a friend. I do not like the idea of her with a friend of mine and then with me. It is irrational perhaps and it's not physically different than her having prior boyfriends, but psychologically for me I can't and won't.

0|1
    0|0
  • As long the other two don't have a problem with it.

I know someone who (separately) dated two sets of brothers. Never asked her what they thought of that.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Why not? My friend does not need to have the same tastes as I do when it comes to the assets of a person and what makes this person attractive to me.

I would however give it sufficient time between her break-up and my dating in order not to give her the feeling that I was just waiting for her break-up to happen. This is the kind of action that can ruin a friendship.

I would never do anything that would ruin a good and honest friendship by trying to grab her boyfriend away from her.

I had at various occasions found that my friend's boyfriend was cute but to destroy a love and a friendship just to have it my way. I have that much dignity not to cause hardships just for my own pleasure and satisfaction.

0|0
    0|0
  • My first boyfriend was one of my best friends' ex boyfriend. She was fine with it because she was the one who broke up and liked someone else. I don't think I would recommend it otherwise. If the one you want to date was the one who broke up with your friend, your friend could suspect you had a thing for them while they were dating. They could also suspect you secretly wanted them to break up so you could be with him/her. It usually brings more drama than it's worth. Also, they broke up for a reason. What happened? Do you really want to bring the same problems into your relationship?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 43

• Yes... i would. but not immediately after. Guy code and girl code states not to but sometimes... if the chemistry is right... why deny yourself. It would be awkward though and complicate things so you REALLY have to be sure before you dive in that particular pool

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. Feels incestuous and a little gross.

Knowing my bros were inside you?

Kind of a Turn off.

The only way I could see myself bending the rules is if I experimented BDSM style on such a girl.

I have realized lately that I'm a bit of a sadist.

1|0
    0|0
  • If they went on a few dates a long time ago and it was never serious, I think it would be ok. If it was a long term relationship or things ended badly, I would not date that woman. I wouldn't want to put my friend through having to be constantly reminded of the past.

0|1
    0|0
  • Totaly depends on the person. When I get along really well with that person and we fall for each other then I don't see why I shouldn't. But well... If they split up due to some shit where my friend got really hurt I wouldn't want to get to know them in the first place.

0|0
    0|1
  • This is a difficult question. It depends on who you are and how your friends are.

Questions will be asked. My friend and his ex broke up and I swooped in. Was the plan all along? OR While dating my friend's ex. Will he be taunting me saying she was a good shag or does he pussy still have that mark or something along those lines OR she was my first love and I still love her.

However, we are all human and we really don't know how it will go until we are in that situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean a connection is a connection; I'm sure anyone would want to explore it as far as possible. I think in a case like this it's more often than not done out of convenience and familiarity. What are the odds that you and your friend would have the same preferences in dating?

0|0
    0|1
  • Wouldn't matter because I am sure she would have an unused part.

2|0
    0|0
  • Nope, certainly not. That is a horrible thing to do. Plus, I don't want to date someone that my friend didn't like.

0|1
    0|0
  • Bro code and girl code. Ask yourself how would you feel if your friend dated ur ex. It would be weird and also make u look bad. But if everything works out hey go for it

0|0
    0|0
  • I learned this is a bad idea.
    You end up compromising both relationships

I have, and I probably would not do it again.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would have some initial reservations if I knew it would hurt my friend. However, I would trust my instinct and do it if it felt right.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have years ago and he said he was cool with it then did everything in his power to turn her against me

0|0
    0|0
  • In general no, but there are some cases where it can be possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • My buddy did. I didn’t mind since it was years after me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have fallen for my friend's exes before. I wasn't a fan, honestly. Kind of awkward

0|0
    0|0
  • My former neighbor married not one but two exes from the SAME friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's really lately then no, but if not then it's not even his business...

0|0
    0|0
  • Not if I'm interested in keeping them as a friends

1|0
    0|0
  • You’re a shit friend and a shit human if you do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I don't do left overs lol

1|1
    0|0
  • FUCK NO

0|0
    0|0
  • No i wouldn't and Yeah its wrong.

0|0
    0|1
  • Eww , no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Naaah I wouldn’t.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't. That's a deal breaker for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, no way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends who's fault is it

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe but generally I'd avoid it

0|0
    0|0
  • Unlikely but possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 37

• No I wouldn't. I couldn't bring myself to do something like that, I'm too loyal to the friends I have puls I'd find it very off putting being my friends sloppy seconds, knowing everything he did with her and then wanting to do that with me it just feels gross.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, had the opportunity, just seem like not the right thing to do... i think i respect my friend (not that she dated the guy lol)
    he used to like her.. he and i became freinds when he came to my college

0|0
    0|0
  • I would avoid this if possible. Girl code. But if there were true feelings between me and the guy, I would maybe give it a chance if my friend and him would be completely okay with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. You should find out more about them from multiple sources, some not connected to that friend and some that are, so not all the sources are biased or whatnot. That should give you some perspective on what they're like before you make a decision.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. But my best friend at school dated my ex, and almost got in a relationship with another ex of mine, I totally look different at those 3 people now.

0|1
    0|0
    • Also If people would just talk beforehand it would change things for the better, but if they date an ex of a friend and only tell when they're already togheter, that's just wrong

• Uh no, it's not wrong but it is gross. I wouldn't want to kiss someone my friend has kissed and made memories with

1|1
    0|1
  • Nope. There's a code. Unless it wasn't all that serious like they went on one date and there was no chemistry, then situations like that should be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • have dated guys that friends dated in past and present time, nobody has exclusive rights to another human

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s kind of embarrassing to. It’s like picking up scraps.

0|0
    0|0
  • It... would depend?
    First I would ask her permission, or rather is she okay with me doing so. Even if they're exes now, it still might be uncomfortable seeing your ex with your friend- it's called respect (or for guys, "the bro code" LOL).

If she was okay with it, I'd probably ask her why they broke up or ended things as well- I mean if he's a cheater, liar, or hurt her, who's to say he won't do it again?

Still, it would probably cause some tension, even if she had moved on and was dating someone else

0|0
    0|0
    • But what if you ask her opinion and she says no but you really really like the guy

• No, it's super weird. I personally think it's disloyal to date a friend's ex. It also disgusts me... I don't feel attraction towards men who date my friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't. However, it's not really wrong if the 3 of you are aware of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the kind of relationship and how close I'm with said friend. Basically if I haven't seen my friend in a while and the relationship wasn't serious I see nothing wrong with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not!!! Thats girl code!! I don’t even wanna date someone that may have found one of my friends attractive in the past. I’m good love.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they ended nicely and both wanted to end the relationship, yes, I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, i wouldn't do this to my friends, i am not that desperate.

0|0
    0|0
  • No cause a most like there a guy I don’t men. B it be like being with my friend who I consider my sister.

0|0
    0|0
  • No but my best friend ended up with my ex, It doesn't bother me though lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • If your friend says yes then go for it but if she/he says no then don’t

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely wouldn’t want anyone a friend touched and it’s wrong too.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they're both okay with it and it doesn't cause any issues then I don't see why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats kinda awkward for me. It would feel like being stabbed in the back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol no I'm way too good for that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most likely not

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t date sloppy seconds

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. No left overs for me