Have you ever been someone's Plan B?

Not a title that anyone wants to have!
Not a title that anyone wants to have!
Have you ever been someone's Plan B? You know, they are in a relationship with someone else but it has problems and they seem to be showing interest in you, like they are already thinking, if their current relationship doesn't work out, they have planned who they want to date next: you.

Could starting out knowing that you had been their Plan B ever lead to a happy relationship? I don't see how that could work but I've never had the experience. Have you? Have you ever started a relationship knowing that you were your partner's Plan B? How did it work out?
  • I have never been anyone's anything!
    Vote A
  • I am not aware of ever being someone's Plan B
    Vote B
  • I have been someone's Plan B and they eventually suggested we date but I declined
    Vote C
  • I have been someone's Plan B and we eventually dated but it didn't work very well
    Vote D
  • I have been someone's Plan B and we eventually dated. It was okay but it didn't last.
    Vote E
  • I have been someone's Plan B, we eventually dated, and it was a great relationship
    Vote F
  • I have been someone's Plan B, we eventually dated, and we are still together/married
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I do not think my ego could take me knowing that I was Plan B. That does not mean that I have never not been a person's plan B. Did it work out, being a person's plan B?

Probably not. It is not often that it works out being a person's plan A so being their B plan, whether you know you are B or not, has to definitely have worst odds, I expect...

1|1
    0|0
  • Oh my God, the first part is literally my situation with my ex best friend.
    My issue wasn't that he said to me that he would date me if he weren't with her.
    My issue is that at one point he said he wants me, then went back to her, but kept contacting me whenever they had a fight and she always blamed me for their fights even though I stayed out of their life.

After a looong time (1 year and a half to be specific) he broke up with her and immediately told me he regrets not choosing me blah blah. I was finally awake and realized i was a plan B, so I made the choice to decline and end it all. The thought "oh, she was this and that, I am this and that" was always ringing in the back of my head. I still have the smallest regret that things turned out this way, but it really was the best decision I made.

So after all of this, I would never accept being someone's plan B ever again. No one should.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I am/was someone's plan B for a long time. She is always dating someone new, and I am always the one to pick up all the pieces and put them back together. We tried dating one time, and it just turned into a mess. It was alright at first, but just never really worked. I think that now it could work since we are close enough to see each other all the time. (We were both living long distance when we decided to make it something official the first time around.) Although, I don't know that we ever will because we are both very concerned over losing each other again, and would rather remain best friends than nothing at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I have been Plan B. However, I didn't indulge that idea. I went out with women and maintained an active social life outside of her. When she and the boyfriend were on the rocks, she would appear. Sometimes I was involved with someone and couldn't spare much attention. Eventually we got to a place where I wasn't seeing anyone when they split, so I started seeing her. I made her wait a year before I was willing to commit to anything. We had 3 years as a couple. It was often rocky and I thought many times she was entertaining other options. I ended up being the one that ended it. I just couldn't trust her judgement and I resented being the "back up guy".

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Oh, I used to have few friends like that. Some of them even expressed their interest. I stopped being friends with them as I don't like people who thinks of someone else while being in a relationship and hop from one relationship to another. I can't trust such people, so no, I would never date them

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know if I am😂
    I guess ill never know *shrug*

1|1
    0|0
  • Used to.. was done with it after a bit of making it clear. Not a third wheel.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah kinda but that shit ended the moment I found out about his girlfriend

0|1
    0|0
  • I was the other woman my ex girlfriend married I found out I cut ties ASAP.

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted A.

But it's possible that I've been someone's plan B that was never acted on.

0|0
    0|0
  • plan C

0|1
    0|0
  • how would you find out this intell

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I´m my boyfriends Plan A

0|0
    0|0
  • Bruh I know you saw that girl with the exact same question that is featured.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• Found out that a female friend of mine probably considered me her "Plan B".

That's probably why she wasn't very happy when I got a girlfriend and was always very critical of her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Plan B? I've never been in anyone's plans 😂 I'm a non existent being only remembered when someone is sad & depressed to lift up their mood with memes and humour

0|2
    0|0
  • Yeah, haven't we all. You meet someone who seems pretty amazing, and you end up as the backup plan while they're in a bad spot with their relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think I've ever been a plan B, I have however been a one-night rebound several times dot-dot. That's where the business is!!

0|1
    0|0
  • Used to think so, she wanted to stay friends after we broke up even when i wanted to cut ties so i could move on.

0|1
    1|0
  • At this point i think it would be cool to be someone's plan D

0|1
    0|0
  • I have. Do I date the person if I am their plan b? No. I am no one's second.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I have not and I would not be with a girl like that

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm sure I have before but we never got together it was just for my attention

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm nobody's plan anything.

1|1
    0|0
  • I have never been anyone's anything! 🤷

0|1
    0|0
  • She was a terrible person

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm life's plan B

0|1
    0|0
  • Luckily not

0|1
    0|0
  • I think I have, but I can't be sure.

0|1
    0|0
  • i declined

0|1
    0|0
  • I never been Plan B

0|1
    0|0
  • Plan Z more like

0|1
    0|0
  • Technically I've been a few girls "Plan G or H." It never lasted long. They had a habit of mentioning all these other guys in their lives who they wanted... and they were hurt so badly when the guys didn't return their interest... Then I came along.

Gee, thanks. I'm so glad I was that far down on the list.

0|1
    0|0
  • Being a plan B... is my plan A
    #virginforlife

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes