Would you ever overlook a date misrepresenting their height or weight prior to meeting you?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• If I liked them when we met, it wouldn’t matter so much but I’d be annoyed that they tried to dupe me! I would ask for an explanation and then decide from there

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, unless they totally lied because lying is the evidence of poor character.

Man, I hope I didn’t misrepresent myself!

4|4
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It's not about the fact that she's heavier than what her profile says or her pictures make it seem like, it's the fact she could not trust the fact that I don't care about that and now she's blurring the line of how far will she go or what is she willing to lie about. If she's willing to lie about something so trivial she's got only bigger things to lie about afterward.

1|1
    0|0
  • If our relationship begins with them telling me a lie just because they want to manipulate me and accomplish a desired effect, why should I expect their behavior to get better. When people are dating, they are usually exhibiting their best behavior, not their worst, and the potential is for things to get worse as they get more familiar and feel comfortable with taking liberties.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• No, lying is a red flag. There's no need to lie about your physical appearance.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a zero bullshit policy.

2|5
    0|0
  • Depends to what degree it is lol

3|4
    0|0
  • Lying is not okay. Lying by omission is more acceptable, especially if there's good reason for it.

If someone was in a wheelchair or had a controversial job, that's something I would be understanding of. My boyfriend didn't tell me he was a cop until 2-3 months in.

Height and weight are something you can just not talk about if you think people will judge you unfairly for it.

1|2
    0|0
  • No.
    If they're lying about that, it shows me they're insecure in themselves. Heck, I don't like my weight either but I don't lie about it, lol

Not to mention if they lie about that, something that minor, who knows what else they are hiding from you.

1|1
    0|0
  • If they intentionaly lied and the difference is obviously I wouldn't overlook it. I don't think I'm very picky about looks so I generally could overlook a lot. But I'm not fine with lying

1|2
    0|0
  • Depend on by how much. If a guy tells me he's 6'0 with a healthy weight but then he turns out to be a head shorter than me and wider than tall then I'm out xD

1|2
    0|0
  • I've met with a lot of guys who were definitely not as tall as they had pretended online but it was never to an extent where I would have been like "SO YOU LIED A LITTLE THERE didn't YOU HUH WISHFUL THINKING HUH HUH"

0|1
    0|0
  • I once met up with a scrawny guy who gave me the impression he's muscular but, instead of getting disappointed, I overlooked that because he had an overall nice personality.

0|2
    0|0
  • I just wonder how many are really honest with their height/weight/age/phobias/anxieties and other positive assets as stated in the profile.

To date someone, I solely have to rely on that information. I have high expectations and my decision is based on what I was made to believe was the truth.

The first date would probably be cut very short if my instinct tells me that I was dupe or fooled.

If a person does not have the decency to be honest with a subject as trivial as the correct bio on a profile, then how can I trust this person with my emotions, my life, my finances and the million of things that tag along when you want to have a serious relation that is expected to last a life long.

That would be the type of person that promises to be faithful "until death does us part" but has an affair or is fundamentally dishonest.

And for me to decide on the success/failure of a date, it takes at least 4 or 5 such dates prior to a commitment on my side.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes, if you said you're short and athletic and you end up very tall and fat, I'd be disappointed ha ha!

0|1
    0|0
  • I think that if a guy feels the need to lie about something like that, I would not trust him after finding out

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's a red flag if they lie in general. Insecure and not trustworthy. They'll probably lie to you all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • you mean overlook a lie? umm, no.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends by how much they went wrong.

3|1
    0|0
  • Accidentaly voted yes. Meant to vote no.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes as long as it's not to outrageous

0|1
    0|0
  • I mean, I know how judgmental people can be, so if it’s an extra inch or two in height, or a few kilos I’m not going to bat an eyelid. It makes sense that you want to make yourself as appealing as possible to potential partners.

If you catfish me with a photo from five years ago, are several inches shorter than you say, or are 10kg heavier than your pictures then no, I’d say that was intentional deceit, have that first date but there wouldn’t be a second.

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess if it is very obvious that would annoy me. Like if he said he was 150 and he was really 200 pounds, then yes.
    My husband is really 125 but he says he is 130 because he wishes he was fatter. He wears larger clothes than he really is to look bigger too I think. He also says he is 5'9 which he is when he is not hunching but when he is hunching (which is all the time) he is more like 5'5.

I am a 108-122 pounds, I weigh 108 in the summer (eat less, more swimming) and I weigh around 122 in the winter (eat more, don't exercise) but I tell people I am around 115. that is accurate. I am also 5'2 and a half but with shoes I am 5'3 so I tell people I am 5'3. Is that a lie? Not really.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 22

• If it’s 10 pounds or an inch or two, ok. If it’s 100 pounds and a foot or so, I would be disappointed, but I might still go on with the date.

Pictures can be misleading. As long as they’re not “Oh, I’m 5’8 and 140 pounds” and they posted two weeks ago... and then the date starts and she’s 4’8 and 250 pounds... I don’t know if there’ll be a second date - I know a lot of people lie, I might give a pass to something small, but big lies...

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends on how large the difference is I'd say. If we're talking about like a 10lbs difference, it's okay. Lying about like a 50lbs difference though is a no. I would leave on the spot. That already says enough about their character. Low confidence in being able to get a date as well as lying about their appearance.

0|1
    0|0
  • But it all depends. I might overlook it. I want complete honesty. I know the difference between joking around and lying. I have been lied to and manipulated too much that I can't stand lies or liars. I would prefer a liar to have their tongue ripped out.

0|1
    0|0
    • What I mean by depends, is a tiny bit of a difference in what they put is ok. But if they got it totally wrong, then its over right away. Like she puts 5' 7" tall and weighs about 130, but really she's 5' 6" and weighs 140, then that's ok, but not when she shows up being 5' 2" and weighs 240.

• yeah im fed up with liars and if someone is gonna lie about something like that, then they will lie about something big later and there is no way in the icy blue frozen over hell that i am getting cheated on 3 times in a row

0|1
    0|0
  • yes, women lie like crazy on profiles in every category. I assume the worst and hope for the best. it does say insecurity about body, which is a flag.

0|1
    0|0
  • If it's a slight mistake, no problem.
    If it's outright lying, I'd start to reconsider though.

1|1
    0|0
  • I can’t do it. That means that the person was dishonest from the very beginning.

No way can a possible relationship build on that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends by how much and I dont care so much about height. But if a girl says she's a healthy weight and I meet her and she's a fucking whale Im gonna be pissed.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not unless she claimed to be "a little heavy set" and then arrived in a mobility scooter sucking on an oxygen tank. Height I am not bothered by at all

0|1
    0|0
  • They shouldn't have to lie to get a date with me.

If they seriously lied then they aren't trustworthy then and I would want a relationship with them.

0|1
    0|0
  • For the most part yes.
    However if they say they're 5'8" 125lbs and turn out to be 5'2" and 200lbs that's like a completely different person

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess it depends on how misrepresented we are talking but overall yes

0|1
    0|0
  • No. That's rather dumb to lie about. What else are they going to lie or stretch the truth over?

0|1
    0|0
  • No. If they lie about that just to meet me, imagine what else they would lie about...

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I never overlook a lie. It tells a lot about their personality.

0|1
    0|0
  • If a date show up fat as hell then I'm turning in the door.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I don't put up with dishonesty. I don't need any of that bullshit in my life. If I did, I would date a used-car salesperson.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah idc about height.

0|1
    0|0
  • Can't deal with liars

0|1
    0|0
  • I would concerned about why she lied about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't

0|0
    0|0
  • Looking at pink reactions maybe I should add a couple of inches in my tinder bio😂😂😂😂

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes