Can somebody who hates himself/or thinks very low of themselves be able to be in a relationship?

I mean a healthy reliationship.
  • Yes, it s possible
  • No, you can't at all

1120

Most Helpful Guys

• I voted yes before I read healthy relationship. I think it's still possible, especially if they find someone willing to support them and help them, however a healthy, stable relationship may be harder to maintain.

The biggest obstacle though is does the person want to be helped? I used to know people who acted moody, miserable and "emoy" to get attention, and after I realised they were just doing it for attention and didn't want to be helped, I just cut them out of my life as I have no desire to associate with those kinds of people.

If however, they are willing to be helped, are open about how they feel and are willing to allow their partner help them work things out, the relationship could totally thrive and that person could end up much healthier and better off because of it. However, this only works if they want to be helped. If they don't, don't bother even trying they are not worth it.

• Is it possible? Absolutely! Will it work out? It depends on the person who has to deal with other who doesn't love themselves.

I knew a girl who was perfect for me and she would tell me the reason we can't be a thing was because she had to learn how to love herself first, which I greatly respected. I told her if you're with the right person, they will teach you how to love yourself!

They will speak life and positivity into you often, they will add value to you. “I want you to know how wonderful you are; more wonderful than you probably can believe, but it’s true. I appreciate you.”

When you're around that kind of mentality, you eventually begin to believe it!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's possible but I don't think it would last. It would soon tire out the partner and eat at the relationship. They may become clingy and place all their happiness on the person, instead of finding their own happiness in their own lives. I think for the most part, people should accept themselves and come to terms with the negative aspects of their lives before accepting a relationship.