What’s the maximum age gap you’d tolerate in a relationship?

Why? And feel free to specify for an older or younger partner.

714

What Guys Said 14

• You're not really quite ready for serious dating, unless you think you're ready for marriage. So a couple of years either way, have some fun, it's for practice and entertainment purposes anyway.

In a few years, if you're serious about finding a mate, then 5-7 years, perhaps up to 10 once you get past your early twenties.

At about forty a gap of up to 20 years is possible - I can still pull 40's, believe it or not. ;)

• 2 years younger, no more. I'll be 17 in a few months so the youngest would be 15... I wouldn't date anyone older than me. Well a few months is okay but not like they were born another year completely.

• Eh... I wouldn't want to go beyond 5 years. I prefer a younger girl, but I suppose that a good woman is a good woman, regardless of whether or not she's a little bit older than you.

• That's hard since I haven't been in the dating pool in a while. But, I can't imagine I have much in common with someone under 25. Oldest maybe early 40s

• That age gap is relative and individual.
    And you want me to give you a fix constant. No, that will not work.

• Depends on the person and the type of relationship it is. But I am open

• A maximum of 2 years of age difference as of now.

• 10 years is the max so as we're both of legal age

• My girlfriend is 31

• 4 years younger and 10 years older

• I like to date 18, 19 year old girls and I'm 32.

• 3 or 4 years

• Ten years either way

• I wouldn't really want to date someone 17 or younger again because it's not exactly ethical or legal at my age. When I was younger, I also dated younger girls and they never looked as far forward as me. I was great for a year or two but then their interests faded and they moved on.

As far as dating older goes, I don't know, I haven't been with many people my own age or older. I feel like when they have more experiences than me, they're a lot less interested in me. In a relationship I want to feel wanted. If I found the right person I'd probably go for her, but if I had to draw a line it'd be at 29. Being 21, I can't imagine myself being with someone in their 30s.

What Girls Said 7

• Until 18, 1-2 age gap at most. 18-20 is grey area. 21 I would say the most should be with the older partner being 26/27 (5-6 years age gap then). From 26/27 probably 8-9. From early 30's up it's everyone's pick.

• Whatever the two people feel happy with. There are no rules. It is also their business and not that of anyone else.

• At my age, I'm okay with dating one year younger or two years older, so 15-18.

• Ideally two years difference, them being older. It's more about finding someone with whom you click though.

• Not more than 10 years older and I’d not prefer dating younger guys

• s. My hubby is 8months older than me

• 2 years older and 1 year younger.