Are my standards too high?

I'm looking for a woman to settle down with long-term, but she needs to meet certain criteria.

1: She needs to have a heart of gold. She needs to have a heart filled with love for people in general, a heart that overflows with general kindness and love.
2: She needs to be loyal to a fault.
3: She needs to be guided by a strict moral code.
4: She should not be afraid to challenge my decisions. For example, if what I am doing goes against any form or morality, and I am unaware, I would want her to inform me. Kind of like a moral supporter, just as I'd be for her.
5: She must accept me for all my "pros" and all my "cons", and love me unconditionally, just as I'd do the same for her.

The question is, is this a realistic expectation?

I ask all this because I'm an idealist, and would love a woman who also happened to be one.
  • Impossible, good women don't exist.
    Vote A
  • Definitely possible, but it'll take a long time to find her.
    Vote B
  • Never seen a woman like that myself, I'm skeptical.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I'm here to tell you that those are highly realistic expectations. I see it as that because I myself expect the same from any relationship. You said it perfectly! It's sad to say that a woman like that is kinda rare nowadays. Nevertheless, don't lower those standards.

0|1
    0|0
  • The more conditions you place on a future partner, the harder it is to find one. Accept one as she is, and you might find eventually, that she is like the girl you want.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am going to point out your logical fallacy. You have listed a bunch of conditions for her to meet to be loved by you but then claim you love unconditionally and want the same of her.

Clearly you don't really understand what unconditional love is.

Everyone wants to be with a partner who can accept our minor flaws. No one should want to be with a partner who will accept us "unconditionally" - that means the person will still love no matter what we do. If you break her arm, she should stop loving you. That's a condition.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Ok I do understand your point, but basically, what it boils down to is that I want a good-hearted, idealistic woman. Obviously there are some aspects which would cause me to break it off. If I was to name one example, it would be if she cheated on me.

I'll rephrase, I want a woman who won't try to fuck me over 🤔. Sound better?

• 3d

Oh, totally fair. No one wants a partner who will. Almost all of us want partners who are tolerant of our humanity. There's nothing unusual about that at all.

• What do you mean 'strict moral code'?

0|1
    0|0
    • 3d

She needs to have lines she wouldn't cross due to moral standards. If I was to name an extreme, she would be guided by a moral code that would not allow her to kill someone... you know, personal rules...

• Show All
    • 1d

@the_dean yes, I haven't made a girlfriend in going on five years now... I can admit that girls can be (so many things really) but im just going to say they can drama filled bitches to wrap it all up into 3 words... I just no longer get along with females (it's a long story) and damn I'm happy I don't... and honestly her saying that "only the right man will make me loyal" is kind of disgusting... I'm glad you see to stick away from these types of women, because that shit is probably the last thing you need in your life...

• 1d

@JessieMartins Precisely, I'm so glad you understand :)

• Nobody cares. Good luck

0|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Step 1, don't waste your life looking for a woman to settle down with. Settle down with yourself and enjoy life. You'll never find what you're looking for longterm. Better off to pay a girl to be that for you short term and when you're tired of it you can just contract another one. Either way shit is going to cost you money, just depends how you choose to allocate the money.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3d

You seem to have seen a lot of disappointment in relationships... too many golddiggers?

• 3d

Just reality bro. A regular woman costs money, time, food, gifts, entertainment, birthdays, holidays, Christmas, family etc and probably won't have all the traits you are looking for and will also probably come with psychological baggage. Add up how much that will cost over a year and divide by 12 months. Now you can find a sugar baby or immigrant who you can pay a comparable amount to be whatever you want her to be without all the other obligations.

• 1d

I really hate when men go for the wrong women, then come out of it all with this 'MGTOW' mindset. It reminds me of feminists who hate men. A woman worth being with doesn't expect any of that and can take care of her self and help you out too. Relationships are give and take, real ones at least. I swear it's like men want to try to wife tricks then complain when it doesn't work. So distorted realities.

• Only 5? Girls have like 20
    Those are too low actually compare some girls 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • Number 5 is whack. The others are fine.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes