How come latin mother's, and fathers would be highly upset, or disown their daughters if she dates a black man, but would welcome a white boy?

I find Latinas who have a naturally brown tanned skin more attractive than white or fair skinned Latinas. Like Pocahontas skin complexion is the most beautiful in my opinion. I hear they want their daughters to get with white men or Olive/ fair skinned men because that don't want their families to have dark skin.
Updates:
4d
It's funny because some, actually most white people say, " white privilege doesn't exist"

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Not mine, mine are respectful and nonjudgemental towards anyone. They welcome my boyfriend who was from africa, and he was the most nicest person ever, but we werent for each other and we just remain friends until we went off to college and university.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because many Latinos have this racist notion of "mejorando la raza" which means, "bettering the race". They see mixing with white people better because then we can have like green eyes or something. Also, white people especially men tend to make more money than us or black people. So I guess it's a combination of them preferring the Euro look and money and "status" that a white person can provide over a black person.
    I don't agree with this, and my family doesn't care who you're with as long as you're happy. But it's just what I've heard around the barrios.

0|0
    0|0
    • 17h

Whata your opinion on black men?

• Show All
    • 17h

Would you be happy to have a boyfriend with an extremely large penis?

• 17h

No. But I wouldn't really care thogh.

• It's because of ignorance and racism.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Its all about socioeconomic status.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I don't think social status is an issue. Latinas are women of color, white men obviously are not, and a lot of blacks and Hispanic women live in same communities

• 4d

Socioeconomic status is something completely different.

Recommended myTakes