Girls what do you think of this second date idea?

for the last few months I've been talking to girl i met online. I first messaged her because we're both part of a facebook community for an online mobile game that we play and this weekend we arranged to meet up at a local event for that mobile game. she had a few friends there as did i so it wasn't really a date as such.

anyway, we seemed to hit it off and we had a few drinks and spent the rest of the night talking over whatsapp. id love to see her again even if things dont progress further than being friends as she was really cool.

The problem is, im not working at the moment due to various health issues so im kind of limited when it comes dating. in all honesty she doesn't seem like the type of girl who expects expensive dinners and shit but you know how it is, i dont want to come across as cheap.

i was thinking of asking her if she wanted to go for walk along the beach, maybe grab a bag of fish and chips and just get to know each other without the pressure of a full on date.

I dont know, I've been out of the dating scene for so long and all i ever hear these days that women expect to be lavished over and wined and dined, when in reality i simply can't afford that.

would you be put off if you were asked on such a casual date?

11