Feeling insecure about boyfriend making new friends?

My boyfriend is becoming close with a coworker of his. They are both guys. However, the coworker has a friend group and invited my boyfriend to hangout with them sometime. In the friend group, it’s both guys and girls, i just feel worried about my boyfriend meeting the girls and becoming close with them. He has other female friends of his own, but, meeting these new women makes me feel insecure. Especially because I am not sure if I’ll ever meet them. The coworker asks about me a lot, and tells my boyfriend places to bring me, and he’s even mentioned inviting me to certain things. But, i just feel insecure. I’m still in college and all these women probably have established themselves in their careers and are more on my bfs level.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Well if you trust him no need to worry. But if you can't maybe you should go along. Dont let the small stuff sweat you. You are seeking a career. Nothing wrong with bettering yourself you shouldn't care what they have as jobs. Just enjoy life and study hard.

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I am just worried something would grow over time between him and a girl. For most of his female friendships I’ve never seen him show any signs of liking them. But, who knows what a new one can bring, especially if the girl is pretty.

He does seem very head over heels for me though. But, I just worry a lot.

• 4d

If he has never shown to be disloyal to you then trust him.
      can't let your insecurities take the best of you. You dont want to show that to boyfriend. Sone guys dump insecure women. They think your to clingy.
      I know you care and love him. I hope he doesn't validate any of these insecurities. All I know is when trust is broken its hard to get it back.

• There's always risk when partners and with the opposite sex. I'm not sure what the alternative would be. People like the have friends. There's just always that risk. I've heard from multiple people how their spouse cheated after 10+ year so it's not a irrational fear to have.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Exactly. I just hope he doesn’t hang out with them often. Or, i hope i can meet them or something.

• 4d

Meeting them is a good idea.

What Girls Said 1

• Try to go with!! If you meet them you will feel more at ease and realize you have nothing to be worried about. It was the same with my boyfriend and his friends.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Hmm, hopefully. My boyfriend hasn’t met them yet. But, his coworker wants to invite my boyfriend to meet his friends. I’m assuming the female friends will be there. That makes me feel uneasy.

• 4d

I am sure your boyfriend will invite you with. You can make new friends together as a couple, even if they are his coworkers. Also remember, if he loves you, other women will not matter to him, just like I am sure male friends or coworkers of yours do not have a massive impact on you or you have feelings for them.

Recommended myTakes