Do most women do stuff in return for chivalry?

There was a question I just saw about guys pumping gas, here:

Ladies: Does your boyfriend pump gas for you? Guys: Do you pump gas for your girlfriend?

It's only recently that I heard of this and realised that it's even a thing. I've always been the driver, none of my girlfriends have ever driven themselves.

Most of the girls there seem to say that they like this. Girls here seem to like chivalry in general. Many say that they like when a guy pays for a date, opens doors for them etc. Many even expect it. I'm not gonna go off on a rant about whether this is good or bad, I'm just curious.

I wonder what these women do in return? The reason I ask is that it doesn't seem like most women do anything in return. Maybe it's just my own experience but my girlfriend is the only girl I've been with who does things to reciprocate, and strangely has even had friends tell her that she shouldn't.

Today most people believe in equality right? A large percentage of these women probably care a lot about it. It also seems like when men ask for certain things we're labelled chauvinists. If a man expects a woman to cook for him for example.

Most women in my experience seem to have a mentality of "he can make his own food", like they think that doing anything nice for him is somehow degrading. In fact these are the kinds of comments my girlfriend has gotten from other women when doing these things for me.

Yet these same women then expect a man to act like a gentleman. Like they're offended when a man asks them to do traditional woman stuff, but they love it when a man does traditional man stuff.

I've always wondered what guys get in return. When a girl says "I like it when a guy pays the bill because it shows that he's invested in me, and if he doesn't then he's not worth it" or they complain about the lack of gentlemanly behaviour, I always wonder "well what do you do in return to make it worth it for him?"

What do you do?

37

Most Helpful Guys

• In my experience, not a damn thing
    but I haven't met every woman so, I don't know.

• They've been fed a complete line of bullshit from the FI, feminism. It's a complete failure for all parties involved.