How do you recover after meeting a narcissist?

I fell Inlove with someone last year and long story short he appeared to be a total narcissist, playing mind games , being emotionally abusive , when things didn’t go his way he will ghost me and treat me poorly , but then he was declaring his love for me. I was an emotional wreck. It was like a sick joke. To top it up he told people I was crazy and stalking him. Told so many lies about me. I’ve moved on , but I still bumped into him now and then and my heart sinks every time I see him:/. He has a new girlfriend now which doesn’t bother if anything I feel sorry for her. I’m currently seeing a wonderful guy me and him are super into each other , but that guy always brings me down every time I glance at him. Have you been in this situation? How did you move on completely?

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Understand what happened. Accept what happened. Forgive yourself for what happened.

For understanding I recommend you to read this and the comments (ignore his political views. his views and analysis of narcissim is spot-on): www.anonymousconservative.com/.../

0|0
    0|0
  • 😂😂😂
    Some people can make such impacts on us.

I read some posts which says
    Arguing with a fool proves there are two.
    I try not to educate them nor to discuss about them anywhere, even if i hear their name i start laughing and i dont tell why.
    I watch them stumble over and enjoy😝😝

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are you wasting ANY energy on an ex? Are these people you work with or what?

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

He works for the same company as mine , but we are not in the same building so that’s good , but sometimes I bump into him

• Show All
    • 4d

Well I know that , but shit happens. Besides I don’t work with him I work for a massive organisation so we never have to deal with each other just I do seem him once in a while due to location.

• 4d

No, shit does not happen unless you let it. YOU chose this. Take responsibility for your actions. I know that's hard, but it's why you're in the pickle you're in. Or go find a new job. Do you always try to make things complicated? Why do you even care about him? He's the same guy you met when you first met - the narcissist. But you CHOSE to date him. Come on, this is on YOU.

• Just think about what a good thing you have now and that he done you a favor be thankful for what you have

0|0
    0|0
  • Put them in a box and push them off a steep rocky hill

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Turn it into a positive experience by using the negative experience to strengthen your perception and intuition. Although the experience has had a detrimental effect on you, at least you'll see the signs early on whenever you meet a narcissistic person in the future. You'll hopefully never be manipulated and taken advantage of again by a narcissistic person. You'll be able to recognize subtle signs very early on

1|0
    0|0
  • Best way to deal with a Narcissist is to cut off contact. Wouldn’t surprise me if you bumping into him is no coincidence. He will still be playing mind games. A Narcissist doesn’t just move on! They can hold a grudge for years!!!

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

I know he was stalking me on social media then he randomly blocks I got to the point where I deleted my Facebook so he won’t stalk me on there. He admitted him self that he was stalking me. I don’t talk to him. Haha thanks for the advice 😁

• My ex was like that. I ran away from him. Best decision i have made.
    He was mentally sick amd blaming me for everything. He looked very normal but he was not.
    When you see people like that you just run away. Because they will never understand never have compassion, never have feelings.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I've had parents like this and similar situations with guys. I'm still working through it. Give yourself time and be open to talking to your boyfriend about how you feel. You also have to be careful that the hurts that were done too you don't necessarily follow I should say but impact your new relationship. If it does and you feel off a lot, I'd maybe try to open up to your boyfriend more or find someone you trust.
    After being with or having a narcissist it's hard to shift your life back. Why does your new current boyfriend bring you down?

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

No it’s the old guy. Just every time I see him I see the lies , the games and the cheating. He was going out with me and had this girl on the go which I didn’t know about when things got ugly since I told him I was not gonna put up with that stuff he started dating her and putting pictures of her and him all over his social media. I know he did this to hurt me.

New guy is lovely and he is very caring and lovely.

• Show All
    • 4d

Sorry to hear about your parents that must be hard for you.

• 4d

It's what it is. Either way, it's one of my parents. But the reality is with this guy and the hurt he caused the best bet is to find something to I wouldn't say vent but express yourself. But do it with someone you trust.

• I’ve never been in that situation. He’s her problem now lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes