How honest are you on a date?

Have there ever been any "lies of omission"?

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• For some reason I always lie about my schooling. I am getting my bachelor's and when I talk to a guy, because of my age they assume I am getting my master's. I actually had to save up in order to go to school. So that's why I am 25 and getting my bachelor's. I am graduating this year though so yeah. But I guess I feel embarrassed that I didn't get to graduate at 22. So when the guy assumes I am getting my master's I never admit to it I just go along with it. And I think starting a relationship with a lie is horrible, it's a bad start but I think to myself, "It just won't be a serious relationship."

0|1
    0|0
  • Most women are never their true selves while on a date. That's a mistake I learned to avoid

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I am just very honest. I do care a little if it hurts the person or not, but it is still better than a lie. A lie will hurt even worse.

"A friend will tell you what you want to hear. A true friend will tell you the truth even if it hurts."

0|1
    0|0
  • 100%. She can take it or leave it. And if asks something I'm not willing to tell then I tell her I won't tell her that.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well... I'm very honest, but that doesn't mean I fully answer every question anymore. A girl is qualifying you... what do you do, how much do you make, your prior girlfriend, etc.. If she finds one thing she doesn't like, she'll throw you out... thats girls. You have to keep some mystery and bait for next time.. that keeps it fun, but careful with it if it is a sensitive spot for her... can blow up as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • Are "lies of omission a lie"? Now we're getting into opinions. What you might consider noteworthy i might not and vice versa.
    But no! I try to be as truthful as i can be because i would want the same for me. And if you lie to someone that kind of says how much you think of them in my book. Don't lie to me that's the quickest way to turn me off.

0|1
    0|0
  • Is omission really a lie? Only if asked point blank is my view but I tend to be open and honest myself. Nothing to hide. I’d rather get any judgment over with. No point of a second date if there’s something about me or my past, present or future that may not agree with someone.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes in the past there have been lies of omission especially on a first date. Most people want to present their best selves and tend to hide their baggage until further on in the dating process.

0|1
    0|1
  • I am honest to a point. I don't lie about myself, not at all. But I don't give brutally honest answers to people either.

0|1
    0|0
  • the best way to know her, is to get her known trough casual sex giving her impression that you would never go further than "just" sex. Starting with wine & dine bullshit, she'll only tell you lies and she'll do everything to cover her sexual past.

0|1
    0|0
  • You only can afford to be dishonest if you know after a few minutes that this one date will not be followed by any other and that it has basically been a waste of time from the beginning.

On all other occasions, if you fail to be honest to your date, you are only ending up being dishonest to yourself.

The truth will eventually come out and all you have left is a miserable record of honesty and eventually make yourself a name of an unreliable and untruthful person. Besides, you will only achieve that guys become uncertain and ask themselves how much truth is to be expected from a girl's mouth.

Being dishonest on a date only bears negative sides. A little white lie is OK if it is meant to cover a very minor issue that would not impact the progress of a potential serious relation.

0|1
    0|0
  • i tend to be honest almost to a fault. i mean i may choose to save somethings for a later date but i want the person to know ME

0|1
    0|0
  • Way too honest. You gotta own whatever can hold you back so...

Own your history, your age, you intentions, your emotions.

It makes you behave in a more congruent and fluent way.

0|1
    0|0
  • 100% honest. No sense in dating someone who has a problem with anything about me.

1|2
    0|0
  • I would omit stuff but never lie. If I was asked about it directly then I’d be honest x

1|1
    0|0
  • My first date with my now boyfriend we were brutally honest about a lot of things and its been the same ever since...

0|1
    0|0
  • I am completely honest. Lying is a terrible way to start a relationship.

0|3
    0|0
  • I'm honest, do my best to always be sincere and and trustworthy and I expect the same in return.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't lie at all, so if I ever have a date it'll be cake

0|2
    0|0
  • I try to always be honest
    I take a dim view of dishonesty deceit and pretense in general

0|1
    0|0
  • Are you f'ing kidding? Everybody lies their ass off. LOL

0|1
    0|0
  • Dont think so, if i can't be honest with someone, i can't have a relationship with them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm really bad a lying, even small ones get me too nervous

0|1
    0|0
  • As honest as possible to prevent wasting the other person's time.

0|1
    0|0
  • More honest, the older I get...

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually have nothing to hide.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m always honest with my boyfriend

1|1
    0|0
  • Very open and honest.

1|1
    0|0
  • usually i try to be very honest

1|1
    0|0
  • I’m always 100% honest

0|2
    0|0
  • Very honest. Maybe a little too honest at times.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't see a point in lying.

0|1
    0|0
  • 100 percent honest.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm always honest, date or not

0|1
    0|0
  • 100%

0|1
    0|0
  • 100%... maybe too much

0|1
    0|0
  • Too honest so i don't have to pay a 2nd date lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never had a date

0|1
    0|0
  • 100%
    It's better so to not waste time

0|1
    0|0
  • Totally Honest 🤟

0|1
    0|0
  • I only admit if asked I don’t show my hand on a date all at once at least.

0|1
    0|0
  • Always honest, what's the point in lying, you'll just get found out in the end.

0|1
    0|0
  • I omit stuff that’s too personal for a first date (that’d be a red flag), but I don’t lie - it defeats any purpose in my book.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes