What causes someone to be controlling/possessive & have anger issues?

Just curious what causes people to be this way. :)

( It has nothing to do with the guy in my other questions!
If you think it is, then i'll know you haven't read this properly! )
  • Their insecurities cause their behaviour
    Vote A
  • They were hurt in the past
    Vote B
  • Mental illness etc.
    Vote C
  • Other / all of the above / more than 1 of the above.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I forgot to put Narcissism as an option ^^ but i suppose "mental illness" covers that.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• l think if a guy or girl thinks they can get away with been a control freak they will do it but they do have a mental health problem it can be male or female that does the control stuff and they can't hide there anger if you dont do what they say and they get very possessive they think they own the person they know what they are doing but can't stop it many years ago l dated a nice girl but she took my life over and she would control me and shout and swear at me and slap and punch me and l was not allowed any friends male or female l was not allowed out on my own she was always with me in the end l ran away from her she sent letters to me but l ignored them in the end she stopped writing to me thank god l got away and the strange thing is l still love her and she was going to be the girl l was going to be asking to be my wife but she pushed me out of her life as to the way she hurt me so bad and to this day l have stayed single and l am not a player with other girls never let any one control your life

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You're friendly, intelligent and very pretty. Don't get taken in by someone controlling. I did. My self esteem went from bad to worse. I don't wish it on anyone.
    I see myself now as a repulsive old hag, and since I have no friends, it reinforces my belief that I'm a horrible person that nobody wants to be around.
    Welcome to my life.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Usually they grow up with bad parents who ether spoilt them and didn't discipline them or the parents had similar habits themselves but it can be due th mental illness as well

1|0
    0|0
  • Ultimately, it can not be singled down to one thing, it can be the result of a plethora of things.

In the end, its a personal thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea, I have a friend that is like that, she has drive away every guys she has been with, she's even controlling of me and I'm just her friend, I have already told her that it is a big liability but she can't change even when she tries

1|0
    0|0
  • It can range from anything from poor paternal upbringing,
    having history of being bullied, people suffering from unknown
    mental illness , it can be just about anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • A mix of ignorance, self-overestimation and compassion. They love the people around them, and think they are good leaders. So it goes to shit.

1|0
    0|0
  • All of the above as well as constant stress and pressure in their life.

1|0
    1|0
  • Lack of self confidence. Or they are too vapid, like they dont have an interesting personality.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mostly B and C.

A is just something butthurt people love telling themselves.

1|0
    0|0
  • Combo of a and b most of the time

1|1
    0|0
  • You forgot PMS

1|0
    0|0
  • Testosterone causes that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Insecurities and/or mental illness