What causes someone to be controlling/possessive & have anger issues?

Just curious what causes people to be this way. :)

( It has nothing to do with the guy in my other questions!
If you think it is, then i'll know you haven't read this properly! )
  • Their insecurities cause their behaviour
  • They were hurt in the past
  • Mental illness etc.
    Vote C
  • Other / all of the above / more than 1 of the above.
    Vote D
I forgot to put Narcissism as an option ^^ but i suppose "mental illness" covers that.

414

Most Helpful Guys

• l think if a guy or girl thinks they can get away with been a control freak they will do it but they do have a mental health problem it can be male or female that does the control stuff and they can't hide there anger if you dont do what they say and they get very possessive they think they own the person they know what they are doing but can't stop it many years ago l dated a nice girl but she took my life over and she would control me and shout and swear at me and slap and punch me and l was not allowed any friends male or female l was not allowed out on my own she was always with me in the end l ran away from her she sent letters to me but l ignored them in the end she stopped writing to me thank god l got away and the strange thing is l still love her and she was going to be the girl l was going to be asking to be my wife but she pushed me out of her life as to the way she hurt me so bad and to this day l have stayed single and l am not a player with other girls never let any one control your life

Most Helpful Girl

• You're friendly, intelligent and very pretty. Don't get taken in by someone controlling. I did. My self esteem went from bad to worse. I don't wish it on anyone.
    I see myself now as a repulsive old hag, and since I have no friends, it reinforces my belief that I'm a horrible person that nobody wants to be around.
    Welcome to my life.