How do you get over the feeling that all women are the same?

I know all women aren't the same. But they all come off the same when you're first meeting them. And since you never meet the true person you're dating on the first date (everyone pretends to be something they're not) because everyone wants to coverup the bad they feel has sabotaged their relationships of the past.
I ask this because it takes more than a pretty face to get my attention. And every woman i meet just seems colorless to me.
Is there any advice you'd give to expedite the process to see if we're right for each other.

820

Most Helpful Guys

• It seems like there's a common thread here with all the women, there's ALWAYS a pattern. It's not that all women are the same, but rather that you're attracting a certain type of woman. If the same thing keeps happening over and over again then as harsh as it sounds then it's probably something you're doing, or the fact that you're doing the same thing over and over again.

My advice to you is to reflect on your recent dating experiences, find out the common thread there, then try something different next time. It could be something to do with where/how you meet them, what you're doing on dates, or it could be even be that you specifically pursue a certain kind of woman.

For example, if you usually meet women on an online dating app try meeting them in person instead. If you normally do the whole "date to find love" thing try a more casual approach and have sex within the first 3 dates. Or if you "tone things down" to try and please or impress your date, try not toning things down and see if your date can handle it or not.

• That's some fair statements. That's good advice. Thanks

• What do you mean all the same? Bland personalities?

Could be they are nervous so don't open up to you. Throw some humour their way so they relax with you. Girls are worried about being judged so try ease their concerns by not asking too many questions and let the conversation flow naturally.

• I do't know why they'd get nervous. I mean first dates unless you know the person well beforehand are kind of blind. You may know the person but you don't know them on a personal level. If it doesn't work out it's not really a loss. Doesn't even mean you're a bad person. It just means you're not right for each other. And if people ( i'm not singling just women out here) would dispense with the act it wouldn't take more than one date to see what they're hiding

• Worry less about getting to know them asking questions on a date and more about just letting the conversation flow and having fun. Then you'll enjoy her company more and it'll be less awkward and interview like. They'll relax and bring out their best self.

Most Helpful Girl

• We think the same about men. They aren’t all the same though, I know that but like you say “they all come off the same”
    You just need to find the ones who don’t give a shit about following a trend, are not bothered about likes and comments on social media and who are just generally down to Earth. I’m sure they’re rare but I just described me there. So we exist.

• I agree, the difference is women don't typically approach guys. I'm not saying you don't get tired of the same old guys approaching you. But as a guy you feel like you make the effort only to feel like you chased a fake all along. And when i say this don't get it twisted i can remain friends with most people. I'm pretty accepting. But i'm looking for something lasting ya know what i mean?

• Yes I get what you mean completely.