Is it ever okay to date your friend's ex boyfriend or girlfriend?

• YES
  • NO
  • Only with their permission
    Vote C

8088

Most Helpful Guys

• I voted "yes" because I can think of one circumstance in which it would be okay. If your friend died, it would be okay to date someone that your friend had dated.

Otherwise, dating a friend's ex is probably going to lead to the loss of the friendship. Even if you ask them, they may say "okay" because they feel pressured - either internally or by you - to agree but they will harbor some resentment and that will grow as you continue to date their ex. They may be tolerant initially but if it becomes obvious that the relationship has become sexual, things will unravel very quickly.

Would you want your friend to date your ex? Probably not. You can't expect your friends to treat you better than you treat them (Golden Rule) so don't do it!

• When is it not?
    A relationship is a commitment between two people not 3. Just because that guy is an ex of your friends doesn’t mean you need their permission to find the love of your life.
    Half the people you dated already probably know a friend of yours do you ask that friend of friends permission to date that ex? No so why is a friend any different?
    Relationships are to find a person to marry not for reputation.

Most Helpful Girls

• With their permission. But I couldn't do that. Too weird.