OkCupid, POF, zook, Bumble, are any of them worth it?

Does anyone use dating apps/sites?

Were you able to find anyone that interested you or was it just a waste of time?
I go to college in a bigger city, but i feel like i know almost no one
I can't figure out if no one dates or what, everyone always is in there dorm
Im thinking i might find some people at school on it?

Any tips?
Any stories good/bad

any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I did years ago, I thought was an exercise in frustration. I've seen women use it (watched them), an exercise in frustration. I think why not, put some time in it and see how you do... builds skills and knowledge, but don't expect much and have your wits on.

How about start a social club, join one, go around like I do and talk to people... use interesting questions you find on GAG or make your own to start conversations. Then, you have your pick of the litter:) Take bull by horns!:)

0|0
    0|0
  • I've gone on three dates through POF/okcupid, they didn't lead anywhere. Huge waste of time.

Best Tip? Disable your account now so you don't get depressed when you can't find a match. (unless your super hot, then you will get hundreds of messages by horny desperate men looking for sex).

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend and I met on tinder lol but we definetly weren't on tinder to find a relationship we both just wanted a one night stand but we had crazy chemistry and now we have been together over a year it's like the one night stand that never left

1|0
    0|0
    • wow that is awesome

• Yeah it was the weirdest thing our first date because we went bowling and we both rodeo and I told him that I could rope the head end but i'm not a great heel roper and that I wanted to learn and so when he came to pick me up to take me bowling (also the first time a guy picked me up for a date) he brought his ropes and roping dummy and gave me a heeling lesson then we went bowling and came back to my house where we got pretty drunk and danced a whole bunch and had a lot of sex and we have been together since our first date lasted like 36 hours we just kind of carried it out across the whole weekend and he was a travelling welder at the time to so we were driving hundreds of miles to see each other the first few months together then he found a job close to home and were together all the time now lol

• glad it worked out so well

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• College is the single easiest place to meet a boyfriend, so you shouldn't bother with any of those sites. Meet guys IRL.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're looking for hook ups, maybe. I stopped using those long ago, waste of time and effort. People will message back and forth and then completely stop. Rather remain single indefinitely either way.

0|0
    0|0
  • hoes on dating sites be too picky and choosy like they all that n shit thinking they 10s n shit
    then be like "omg there's no decent guysssssss"

0|1
    0|0
  • Only if you're female. So for you, yeah, they're worth it.

0|1
    0|0
  • When I was on pof and a few others 4 years ago I was only looking to hang out and have fun together. I spent 15 years committed to someone and got f'cked over so I wasn't ready to look for a new relationship. And that's how I met my SO now of 4 years. It started off as us not wanting anything serious because he too just got divorced. But after the second time hanging out we realized we were in trouble because we connected like we never had with anyone. So in my case it worked out. Sometimes I think if you stop trying to date looking for something serious it's to much pressure on all involved. If you date just to have fun there's no pressure or constant disappointment if there wasn't the right connection between each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used a few. Subscription and free. In my experience, despite not having the range of filters for likes and dislikes of the paid for ones, I found POF to be the best. It does at least allow you to get into conversation with people without too much box ticking first. I did find that preferable to having to invite them to do preset questions and answers initially!

I would say I had more dates and met nicer people. The key thing was that eventually it worked and I met the woman who is now my fiancee through it. 3 years on we are getting married later this year.

0|0
    0|0
  • No they are not.

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't had any luck with any of them

0|0
    0|0
  • Tinder

0|0
    0|0
  • No, none of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Okcupid and pof were not too bad

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont do apps just meet people in real life

0|0
    0|0
  • I joined OKC in January. Are you on there?

0|0
    0|0
  • NOPE. As a guy, the only chicks on dating apps are the expired desperate moms "just looking for a real man" to clean up their poor choices and shit life now that their looks have faded, and the 1's and zeros that put "a few extra pounds" as their body shape when they should be putting a few tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many extra pounds.

Any "attractive" female is either a bot, a catfish, or a dude trolling.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want nasty guys asking you to hook up and sending nasty pictures than sure lol

1|0
    0|2

Recommended myTakes