Guys and girls, do you prefer to date older or younger?

I personally prefer to stick to guys my own age and always have. I want to have a modern relationship with a man my age, but I have dated younger men and older men as well as guys my age. I’m not biased either way nor am I passing judgement.

My reason for asking is for a social experiment that I’m conducting. I’m working on my bachelors degree in psychology and I’m currently researching individual preferences and interpersonal relationships. I’m not going to post this poll into my research or use it as part of a class discussion as that is not legal. I’m only going to view the results and then use them to draw my conclusion. Thanks in advance 😊
  • I date older
    Vote A
  • I date younger
    Vote B
  • I only date within my age bracket
    Vote C
  • I care more about connection than age
    Vote D
  • I just wanted to see the results
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• While I have a preference for girls younger than me, a good connection is far more important.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Never dated before, but I'm only 22 RN, so in terms of an age gap, I'd only go like 2 years (school years), either way.

Ideally, I'd prefer someone my age and I do think the '2 years either way', is close enough to that.

The older your get, the more acceptable a bigger age gap is, I feel, though likely within limits.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's just dating, it doesn't matter as long as I like her, but I would only want a serious relationship with someone close to my age.
    I, however, attract a lot of young girls and older women. The ones my age never show much interest.

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer men a few years older then I am as they've tend to be more mature and able to handle things and communicate better

1|1
    0|1
  • I’ve always dated younger guys. I don’t look and act my age so I tend to develop connections with guys who are younger than me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am comfortable with anyone with an age gap of maximum 2 years.. either older or younger than me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well haven't dated anyone before, but my crushes have always been younger

1|0
    0|0
  • I only date people the exact to the day same age as me

1|0
    0|0
  • Being 20 I won't date any girl younger than 18 and I most likely wouldn't date a girl older than 23

1|0
    0|0
  • i dont care about age, if i like, no matter older or younger, i would date her

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont have age preferences.. i care more for the connection i guess

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm open to date either. But I prefer younger TBH.
    If a girl is nice age doesn't matter for marriage

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont care but I've only had luck going younger.

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer my age and older.

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer guys who are 2-3 years older than me

1|0
    0|0
  • Younger, much younger.

1|0
    0|0
  • I date older people..

1|0
    0|0
  • I dated older.

0|0
    0|0
  • For the last 10 years or so I’ve always dated younger.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes