Why is he even with me?

My boyfriend and I been dating a year and a few months. He introduced me to family and friends and brings me to family functions. For Christmas he bought me a big teddy bear and a necklace. he's shy, we haven't seen each other for two weeks and he said he got nervous about seeing me. He pussies out sometimes. I think he's got some major anxiety, he got super nervous when we had sex since he was nervous. So we've been sticking to oral. We live an hour away and he drives it to me. He sent this video to me in a joking way and I kinda freaked out and overreacted (was a girl dancing in a towel then got naked. She was singing Selena Gomez) then he broke it off with me then the next day he said "I messed up. Is there a way we can get back together". Then we did. He always pays for me and always walks up to the door to get me. Does he seem like a nice guy?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Why is he with you? Obviously he cares for you. His anxiety is bizarre to me, but you seem to be 'mostly' coping with it.

Is he a nice guy? Well, that is a question for you to answer for yourself. Nerves aside he seems to be decent towards you. Not sure what the video was about. An anomaly which can easily dismissed as his nerves. But cannot say for certain.

His 'nerve' seems like the greater question for you of whether a guy with his level of anxiety and whatnot is something you can live with - possibly for the rest of your days.

1|0
    0|0
    • I was supposed to go down to his place that day and he said he was scared. He barely leaves his apt, hence he just got it and is excited about it. Do you think he sent that video cause he was nervous about seeing me? It was a joke he does stuff like that. His dad makes jokes to his mom all the time for a reaction. So he does it to me. I have anxiety myself so I know. But I think I can help him with it.

• You are probably right about the joking being a reflection of his dad's example/approach. That aside, both of you may benefit from working on your anxiety together.

Recommended myTakes