Was I wrong for turning down dates because I'm broke?

I turned down a date because I can't afford to get my nails done, my hair done and I can't afford to buy a outfit... I only have one pair of shoes and they aren't dress shoes... I tried taking out a loan yesterday so I could do something but they told me I can't get my funds until next month...

should no money = no dating
should no money = no dating
  • Yes wrong
  • Not at all

1834

Most Helpful Girls

• No offense but that's really stupid to think that dates is all about money. You should not date a person who is a random stranger and is not somebody you're not friends with for a while first and get to know who they are as a person. If you're doing all of that then perhaps it was the best move because your priorities are very wrong. You're not a gold digger if you want to date somebody but you don't have money. All you have to do is explain to the person that it would have to be something like a walk in the park or picnic where you both can bring your own food and you can hang out. There are many ways to have dates without having to have money. It's all about being creative and deciding what you both truly want to do. You need to communicate this. If you find out the person is not doing the same as you want and desire then you need to cut off contact with that person. The the ones that asked you out on a date, they have no right to be selfish. And if they are stay away from such men.

• WTF? Do you think a guy cares if you can't be fake for him? I mean, you should shower and have good hygiene, but getting your nails and hair done... I don't do it whether I have money or not. I hate painting my nails and the fake nails even more. And I just take care of my hair and straighten it occasionally. As for outfits as long as they are nice there is noproblem. There are CEO's who wear basic stuff and most of their wardrobe looks almost the same.

Most Helpful Guys

• No, you're not wrong, but none of that stuff matters. When I did the whole 'dating and relationshits' thing instead of just finding bitches and fucking them, I wouldn't have cared if you didn't do your nails and get some salon to do your hair. Just be clean and presentable. No dress shoes? No problem. This isn't an interview for the Secret Service or the Diplomatic Corps, it's a DATE, it's supposed to be FUN.

So while you weren't wrong, I think you were looking at it wrong, and made a mistake.

• Listen a real guy wouldn’t care if your broke. Me and my baby momma use to be broke when we first met now we are financially stable. It’s about falling in love. A real man would love to be there for you whether he has a job or not.

• People say that being broke teaches you a lot, but being broke hasn't taught me anything. It just taught me how to struggle, struggle, struggle and constantly be miserable