Why do some people get butthurt seeing an older guy dating a younger woman?

What's wrong with and older man and younger woman

1923

Most Helpful Guys

• It has to with 'Sexual Market VAlue' - SMV.

Younger guys (20 to 25) are often not as well established as older guys (35 to 40). Older guys have a higher SMV because of their life experiences and general assets. Its not all about money, but a 35 year old guy generally is making more then a 25 year old guy, AND he has been earning money for a longer period of time, so he has more assets (car, houses, boats (maybe..)) plus often have paid of their student loans. These are pluses for women who are dating to find a partner to either make a family with (or to divorce in a few years).

Most younger guys, they have lower paying jobs because they don't have as much work experience to be getting paid a higher rate. Younger guys are also less likely to own a home and have their general "shit together" until their mid thirties.

Women hit a wall when their sexuality declines. Between 25-30 is about the peak age for women in terms of ability to produce a child, after that age they can produce them but it is biologically more difficult. For women they also know that that age range is their peak for dating potential. That is also when they physically are the most attractive. Compare pictures of women when they are 22 to 32, they may still be good looking at 32, but 10 years ago it wasn't even a close contest, plus in the mid to late 30s they genrally go downhill, as opposed when they were 22, they will still keep their looks for another 10 to 15 years.

If a guy takes care of himself in terms of a healthy lifestyle, he can produce into his late 40s and even early 50s. Women do not have this ability. Women are just as attractive to looks, but if a guy can work out, eat right, and not smoke they can often become even more attractive as they age and build their body strength.

These are reasons why women want to be building a family before they turn 30. Whereas for guys they mostly want to create a family when they are a bit older have have stronger foundations around them (ie; no more student loans and living with their parents still) vs having their own place, a good paying job, AND no more debt.

Women WANT to be with men who have the best ability to provide for them. Sure youthful looks help the younger crowd, but ask a woman at the age of 25-30 if she wants to be with younger guys who does not have the finances/ability to support a family, vs. a 35 year old guy who has a home and is more mature and wanting a family? Most women date up because of this.

I don't get butt-hurt about older guys dating younger girls, I plan on paying this game well. Right now I'm mainly sleeping around/hooking up with little to no interest in creating a family. In another 5 to 10 years when I'm in my own place I'll start looking for women in that age gap for building a family..

• Women bitch and moan. When they were 18-24 all the men wanted them and us guys had to put in some work. Now in our 30s its the opposite. We are the hot ones on the scene and their time is up. So they are very salty.

I am 32 and have not dated anyone older than 24 in the past 3 years of being mostly single. Nor will I, 24 is hard limit for me.

• What if you get in a serious committed relationship with a 23 year old one day, marries her, everybody will get old one day.

• @Cestmoiouicestmoi1 i dont care that she gets old. Its about dating someone starting at their earlier years. I honestly think women are hotter when they get around 30. But not if i wasn't with them for the last decade.

• I second that. I wouldn't leave a woman as long as she chose me during her prime (age 19-21) because then I know she really respects me

Most Helpful Girls

• It's not about being butthurt, but the concern and welfare for the girl and his intentions as a man with her. 9/10x it's about sex and resources, not love. They often don't last, and it's usually a parent/child relationship. And what makes it worse, is not done because of Love they do it because of preference and because they want to avoid women their own age. I find it to be highly discriminatory, towards men who are younger that are or can be of the same experience level as a girl, as is discrimination against women who are on the same experience level as these men with these men basically want the younger women for sex. In other words each party is tired of men or women of their own age bracket.

• These relationships are often predatory as well as premeditated on both ends. I noticed to be true because I had a few encounters we're older men that I knew were in my father's age trying to holler and cat call at me and I'm highly disgusted. And this did not happen once this happened a few times of me growing up. I even remember seeing some of my dad's co-workers trying to holla at me to as a young adult and teenager. Every time I try to tell my father this he never believed me.

• And lastly, I prefer younger women (18-21) for the following reason

1) They haven't been drilled by many guys yet and are usually more playfull and fun since they haven't been in failed relationships and therefore carry less baggage
      2) They look better
      3) They won't rush you into marriage and kids
      4) A woman respects you the most when she chooses you during her prime (18-21). Not when she's 30, has bent over for lots of guys, and is in a rush to have a baby

• Asker, you people that promote this nonsense are out of your minds. My judgment regarding that area still stands. People just want sex and that's it. All the things that you listed shows that you are extremely selfish and very rude. I have no respect for such things like that. The women are you describing are only like that because you men promoted and you do what you want. They didn't ask to be in that position. But since you guys don't want to do what you need to do then you get mad and pissed at the woman for what she wants and desires. Their only unstable because of your choices. Stop being a hypocrite.

• It symbolizes a lack depth in him. Not that it’s true in all cases but when you see two people who grow old together you can sense a connection of their souls because looks or youth aren’t in the equation but rather a bond between two human spirits that are accepting of each other’s flaws and committed to the journey together. Most people who spend time with people of a younger generation usually quickly pick up on their immaturity so at first glance it’s hard to accept that this older man and youger female are kindred spirits, it more just says I’m a douche who chases flesh and values external stimulation over eternal bonds

• I think very, very, very few relationships are two people coming together just based on personality and connection where looks and money is not involved.
      My line of reasoning is that woman are very shallow towards men for being short, being bald, being skinny, being hairy etc. so it should be perfectly fine and fair for men to be shallow against women based on age and other things

• I can’t imagine the passionate and spiritual connection between a 23 yo millennial Instagram blogger and a 50 yo divorced workaholic.

Obviously that’s a generalization and not fair to say but it’s to point out the frequent truth that generation gaps can make true intimacy challenging. When’s the last time you hung out with someone 10 years younger than you?

On a side note I don’t think older woman necessarily get jealous of younger girls because they know their youth is fleeting. They may have nostalgia for the past, but they are wise woman and just see a naïveté girl

• My point is that a relationship between a 20 yo blogger and a 50 yo workaholic is as real as a relationship between a 20yo blogger and another 20 yo blogger. Its based on money, looks or a combination of both.
      You can just ask the 20yo blogger if her boyfriend, that she claims to love so much, was short and balding, would she still be with him and proudly share the couple moments on the social media.
      Like I said, very, very, very few relationships are based on personality to the point where looks and money do not matter.