Do you have Resting B---h Face? Would it be hard to date someone with RBF?

I have chubby cheeks so that rules me out, I think. The Science of Resting Bitch Face and How to Prevent It https://youtu.be/FbKqqMkoKp8Do you have Resting B---h Face? Would it be hard to date someone with RBF?Do you have Resting B---h Face? Would it be hard to date someone with RBF?
Do you suffer from RBF
Do you suffer from RBF
Updates:
*Hard to date because you can't read their expressions, emotions etc

1|5

Most Helpful Girls

• I have it but it’s not like an all the time thing , my boyfriend usually asks if I’m okay & my answer is usually I’m hungry. It’s not because I’m sad , angry or enraged. I’m just in deep thought about food 😂 sounds stupid but most women have it & it’s not because of any of those things it’s just how their face settles when not engaged in a conversation. Would it be hard to date someone with rbf? Not so sure because lots of people are in a relationship with someone that has RBF & you don’t see them running for the hills. It’s more so are YOU as an individual okay with odd quirks your SO has?

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you would adapt, as with anything else. People use words differently, too. My good friend, for example, says, "Good," when he has a positive experience. He says, "Fine," for neutral ones, or when he is reassuring me that things will work out, even if I messed up. So I know when he says, "Good," it is code for, "Amazing!"

Same here. You would get used to your SO's facial expressions seeming a little bit more harsh when they are really at a neutral state.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• My wife has Bitchy Resting Face (the original name and the only name I will use). She is the one who taught me about it when she showed me the original video.

https://youtu.be/3v98CPXNiSk

However, yes, before we knew about it, my wife and I did have issues because I did not understand what I did wrong or why she was upset with me or sad. Once I learned about BRF, things got a lot better between us because when I think she's mad or sad, I will just think it's her BRF.

1|0
    0|0
    • UPDATE: You chubby cheeks DO NOT prevent you from having BRF. My wife's family has big cheeks and she has an iconic BRF.

• Glad you guys sorted it out!

Ah, interesting! I still dont think I have it... but I'll ask my family. Surely they would have told me by now though.

• Aw girl, let me tell you, I don't know how many people I've intimidated because I look like I'm gonna pummel them into dust. I just get suspicious of people and have a tendency to project past emotional pain onto other people. But I'm super playful once I get comfortable enough, which rarely happens because people are awkward.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• yea and i can't do anything about it... people always assume I am mad or sad or having problems lol when I am just reading or thinking about something at work. It's just my face omg. I do smile

2|0
    0|0
  • It's not flattering, but I could look past it.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I do.
    In ancient Greek mythology, Pygmalion was a highly accomplished Cypriot sculptor. Though skilled at imitating the human form, and well acquainted with it's subtleties, he became disgusted by it when he witnessed the Propoetides prostituting themselves. These women were punished by Venus for their lack of worship with a coarseness of skin and a crudeness of nature, and were then forced into prostitution. Seeing this, Pygmalion the sculptor was repelled and could no longer appreciate women.
    Seemingly alone, Pygmalion sought to create for himself a perfect, pure, unsullied companion. He used his particular skills to this end: he created a statue bride.

What you are about to watch is a mysterious video. It's origin is attributed variously, and almost certainly spuriously, to various abstract artists or surrealists. The truth is that what we are seeing, and what we perceive to be strange and disturbing, is actually beauty to it's creator.
    Perhaps what we are viewing is the work of a modern Pygmalion. To him, her toneless voice, the paleness of her skin and the comparative vibrancy of her lips may indeed be the very embodiment of a perfect woman...
    Consider the mind-scape of the creator. In whose mind does this appear beautiful? In whose mind is this pure, near worshipful? Are we missing out on his perspective?

Who are we to be afraid or to judge them? He may well love her fully, perhaps more fully than any of us could ever hope to be loved. In the mind of her creator, she is a near goddess; the perfect representation, not just of femininity, but the peak of human potential. A perfectly satisfactory being.

How does that kind of unconditional love feel?

Well, how does she feel?

1|1
    0|1
  • I don't have a resting bitch face, but I've a "You looks creepy and I'm on alert" face if I meets people I finds suspicious and creepy. It's not often I meets creepy people, but it has happen once time or something like that. I do also have a smiling round face. When I'm smiling, my face looks very round.

I could date a person with a RBF if I found them attractive enough otherwise. As long I liked the person's personality, the way they behaved/treated other people, rest of their appearance etc., I would probably be able to get over it. It also depends on the severity.

This is okay:
    Do you have Resting B---h Face? Would it be hard to date someone with RBF?Do you have Resting B---h Face? Would it be hard to date someone with RBF?

redirect.media.tumblr.com/.../...vjlk10o1_1280.png

Do you have Resting B---h Face? Would it be hard to date someone with RBF?

This is too severe:
    Do you have Resting B---h Face? Would it be hard to date someone with RBF?Do you have Resting B---h Face? Would it be hard to date someone with RBF?

0|0
    0|0
  • I got it and it sucks cause it makes people hesitant to approach and talk to me. I try to smile but it looks strained and forced.

People who give me a chance and talk to me even say I am pretty cool to talk to, but my face makes me look unapproachable

1|0
    0|0
  • I have resting bitch face and lemme tell you it’s not fun. A lot of people won’t approach me, and will make assumptions about my personality. This isn’t helped by the fact that I am not outgoing with people I am not well acquainted with. People who know me well like my friends and family have learned how to read me, but others can’t and usually don’t take to time to try.

1|0
    0|0
    • How do you react when people do approach you?

• @cykasenpai once someone approaches me I’m very friendly. I’ll smile and say hi or answer whatever they asked etc. but I myself typically don’t approach people I don’t know

• Yeahhh my face isn’t chubby but I have a little fullness because I’m young and let me tell you I have a RBF. It isn’t even funny. So many guys are scared to talk to me because of it. It sucks because I’m REALLY shy too... hopefully someone will look past my RBF and realize I’m a goofy loveable person.

1|0
    0|0
  • It would depend just what the particular look looked like. Mostly it would be OK but some looks are just "no". I worked with a lady whose normal facial expression looked like she had a bad attitude. After about two years, she somehow mentioned that her nickname was "attitude girl". I guess I got it right! LOL...

0|0
    0|0
  • Just because someone has RBF doesn’t mean they are difficult to deal with overall. Some people aren’t aware they have a bitch face. It may be intimidating to approach someone with one but once you get past it there shouldn’t be a problem. That’s presuming they’re decent people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hahaha when I'm deep in thought or completely tired, I have been told I do. But I swear I'm a smiley person, and generally wear a smile on my face when not tired or deep in thought.

1|0
    0|0
  • No.
    I don't think you have it, except when your mouth is closed.
    Is that the actual medical term for it?
    Resting Bitch Syndrome?

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do and I’m sure it has repelled plenty of people from approaching me by now but I don’t even think I can change it at this point. It’s like the way my muscles just froze in place over time when I’m not aware of my mimic

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do. I usually enjoy it because it keeps people away but then I just get asked asshole questions - "what's wrong?", "you ok?"... or even worse, I'm constantly being told to "smile" & I'm just like "no, fuck off" 😂 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • EVERYONE has this. 🙄 It’s not anything new - society just had to make a big thing out of it. Like everything. I’m not going to smile like an idiot when I’m walking down the street or minding my own business?

3|0
    0|0
  • I have RBF and I personally do not care of others are turned off by it because I don’t live my life to score in dating/romance.

3|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I do. People who know me understand it’s just my face. I’m not fixing something that’s natural to me. If someone doesn’t like it they are free to look away. 🤷🏾‍♀️

2|0
    0|0
  • Most people with autism have this to be fair. People often think I am one or more of the following:-
    - Arrogant
    - Aloof
    - Stand-offish
    - Unfriendly
    - Cold

Y'know that kinda' ting. Once people work out the truth of the individual with autism, get to know who they are they often come to understand them and appreciate their qualities and appreciate them as a friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • My X had one of those. Even when she was happy I thought she was not.

1|0
    0|0
    • But to be fair and honest.. you would be hard pressed to be able to tell if I am happy or not.

• I'd imagine that's true as well! Even when I was really sad, no one really knew because I was good at hiding it. So you never know what people want you to see and what they dont want you to see.

• My last ex had this. She was also Asian so she culturally repressed her emotions more.

It was nice at first tbh. But then I was doing things to turn her off and didn’t even know it until it was too late

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes my best friend actually said I looked like i was a snobby b*tch when she first saw me. If i want to make friends i have to approach them and make sure i constantly smile.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't see why this is a problem, lol.

Plus, the more you get to know a person, the easier it is to tell when it's just their resting face, and when they're actually mad.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes here's mine lmao. Sometimes I'm unaware that its happening but my boyfriend doesn't seem to mind though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do. On top of that I'm quiet, so everyone thinks I'm angry or stuck up. My guy doesn't have a problem with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t know if I do or not but my sisters tell me I do.

1|0
    0|0
  • It might prevent guys from approaching you if you have RBF. But one of the nicest women i know has RBF. Never judge a book by it's cover.

1|0
    0|0
  • I may or may not have resting bitch face and no, I don't think it would be hard to date someone who has it.

1|1
    0|0
  • I get told I have resting serial killer face... I don't know what if any effect it has on my interaction with others as I try not to waste too much time with people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I look like an axe murderer at the best of times.

1|0
    0|0
  • It can be pretty hot tbh, the problem is that you don't flirt with them if you think they're not into it. If their facial expression says go away, it's pretty important their actual words offset that.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Resting bitch face". RBF. Is that actually an expression? Something people say?

By God sometimes I feel like I can´t get old and die fast enough...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I've been told I look angry and miserable a lot of the time. It's just my face.

1|0
    0|0
  • I actually find that sort of look more attractive myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • My pre-girlfriend has a bad case of RBF. I think it's sexy, and it totally doesn't bother me, but I know a lot of people are turned off by it.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, because once you learn more about them you can tell when they are actually upset

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes! Everyone always thinks I'm annoyed, mad, or sad😑

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I do. It wouldn't be a problem at all because I understand that most of the time it's just something you can't control.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t see a reason not to date someone with a RBF

2|0
    0|0
  • It's very hard to try to even try to approach someone with that face. Also would be hard to tell if she enjoyed your company.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a resting b*tch face and everyone assumes I'm always angry. Maybe that's why people approach me less

1|0
    0|0
  • I love resting bitch face. It makes her way more attractive.

1|0
    0|1
  • When I walk, I have one.
    When I’m around people I like I’m always smiling

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep😭😭😭😭 i try to smile more but dang man... People can't smile 24/7.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ooh, I'm definitely turned off by RBF in a girlfriend. However, I like it in my dominatrix !! :)~

1|0
    0|0
  • i may well have the male version... been told all my life to cheer up even when im really happy lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Haha I get asked those questions all the time when I'm not smiling I can't help it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well that face is just my mad or spaced out face. but most of the time I look like a curious kitten.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it makes the pursuit harder, but worthwhile

1|0
    0|0
  • I got it. Seeing it on someone else doesn’t bother me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can’t read facial expressions, so I’d have no problem with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a resting "no fucks will ever be given" face and in addition I never smile.

1|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes