Who should say I love you first, girl or guy, and why?

Who should say I love you first
Who should say I love you first
  • Girl
  • Guy

4051

Most Helpful Girls

• Which gender literally makes no difference. I think a possible explanation for guys often saying it first more commonly (or associated to) is because I believe I've read before that men usually fall in love quicker than females do. In addition, I think many women are afraid of saying it first because they think it might scare guys away as women are more often perceived as clingy and wanting romance (although this happens the other way around too).

Generally it's just when you feel it. My boyfriend said it first but it was at a time when I was realising I loved him so it could have really been either of us.

• Guy... if a girl says it first the guy gets scared and she ends up ruining things because it's a subconscious pressure you're putting on your boyfriend to commit... it should be the guy to do or say everything first and if the girl is ready all well and good if not goodbye better that way...

• "it should be the guy to do or say everything first" that kind of thinking is what will end a relationship. You pretty much just said the guy has to do all the work in the relationship. Why is it on him to do and say everything first? How is that equal and fair? I have known girls like this before and it never lasted. Felt like I was the only one putting an effort into the relationship. Felt like she had no real interest in me or wouldn't show me she liked me, because she wouldn't do or say things like that first. Honestly felt like she was using me to feel better about herself, all while never making me feel even slightly validated in the relationship. So as a guy I can say that mindset and behavior will only end in the relationship ending.

• @LeoLionEye well really I was referring to just expressing things like deep feelings and topics such as settling down... you know there are some cases where some people won't ever open up first because they've been burnt too many times to count... and of course it's logical that it takes two to tango but I do believe that if a man loves you he should say it first and not push a girl to the edge so she says the words first only for him then to not respond or act like those words mean nothing to him... sorry didn't mean to cause any offence...

• Thanks...👍

Most Helpful Guys

• It can be either person to say it. If you the guy feels like to say it then say how you feel. If your the girl feels like saying it to the guy then say it.
    Always be up front about your feelings to the person who you love.