Who should say I love you first, girl or guy, and why?

Who should say I love you first
Who should say I love you first
  • Girl
    Vote A
  • Guy
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Which gender literally makes no difference. I think a possible explanation for guys often saying it first more commonly (or associated to) is because I believe I've read before that men usually fall in love quicker than females do. In addition, I think many women are afraid of saying it first because they think it might scare guys away as women are more often perceived as clingy and wanting romance (although this happens the other way around too).

Generally it's just when you feel it. My boyfriend said it first but it was at a time when I was realising I loved him so it could have really been either of us.

2|0
    0|0
  • Guy... if a girl says it first the guy gets scared and she ends up ruining things because it's a subconscious pressure you're putting on your boyfriend to commit... it should be the guy to do or say everything first and if the girl is ready all well and good if not goodbye better that way...

1|0
    0|5
    • "it should be the guy to do or say everything first" that kind of thinking is what will end a relationship. You pretty much just said the guy has to do all the work in the relationship. Why is it on him to do and say everything first? How is that equal and fair? I have known girls like this before and it never lasted. Felt like I was the only one putting an effort into the relationship. Felt like she had no real interest in me or wouldn't show me she liked me, because she wouldn't do or say things like that first. Honestly felt like she was using me to feel better about herself, all while never making me feel even slightly validated in the relationship. So as a guy I can say that mindset and behavior will only end in the relationship ending.

• @LeoLionEye well really I was referring to just expressing things like deep feelings and topics such as settling down... you know there are some cases where some people won't ever open up first because they've been burnt too many times to count... and of course it's logical that it takes two to tango but I do believe that if a man loves you he should say it first and not push a girl to the edge so she says the words first only for him then to not respond or act like those words mean nothing to him... sorry didn't mean to cause any offence...

• Thanks...👍

Most Helpful Guys

• It can be either person to say it. If you the guy feels like to say it then say how you feel. If your the girl feels like saying it to the guy then say it.
    Always be up front about your feelings to the person who you love.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• The one who means it truly

3|2
    0|0
  • The one who feel he/she is ready to say it

0|1
    0|0
  • Whoever has the most courage could be the first. It would also be good for the most courageous person to practice patience and allow the other person to express it first... However long that takes, but I say that "true love" is worth the wait. <3

1|1
    0|0
  • Whoever feels compelled to first. We need to stop with the high school, he should do this, she should do this non-sense. If your an adult, go for what you want, say what you feel, express yourself. That’s the level of maturity humans still struggle with.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's usually easier if the guy says it first, but it really doesn't matter who says it first. Easier for the guy, as they are often the one that is trailing in the relationship department, and if he's on board, then it's real easy for the girl to say it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gender has nothing to do with who says this first. It’s not a game. If you feel this, and say it to the person you are with, the only thing your hoping for, is a mutual feeling back. Even if there isn’t, that’s not a big deal

0|0
    0|0
  • It does not matter
    But girls will never say it

0|0
    1|0
  • In my personal experience, the girl always ended up saying it first and then I admit that I loved them in return. I appreciated their honesty and courage. But, in reality, does it actually matter who says it first? No, it doesn't. Worrying about that is just going to get in the way of a possibly fantastic and close relationship.

Stalling and doubts are destroyers. Just go with the flow and say it if you truly feel it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s like asking who should eat the ice cream first. You both want to eat it but who’s got the guts to pick up the spoon and go? Or you could just let it melt.

0|1
    0|0
  • It doesn’t matter who says it first, what matters is that they really mean it. If the girl realizes she loves her s/o first, she should tell him. Same for the guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Now, i said the girl should tell it because you know girl got mood cycle and its very complex to understand them! , though they love you they are still unsure about that, this also happens when a guy says i love you still, they are confused about it and then they might say its too early!

0|0
    0|0
  • Let's just assume this is a real situation between two people who actually know each and are close enough to fall in love and not just a silly crush from across the room infatuation. Since the dawn of humanity, why are people so afraid to admit their feelings to someone else they have a good chance with? If you feel so strongly about your love towards somebody, just go ahead and do it!

When I was I young girl, I found myself in such a situation with my male best friend. I mustered up enough confidence to tell him exactly how I felt. I believed he loved me too but I wasn't gonna wait around for him say it first. So, I did. It was a decision I definitely won't ever regret.

Let's all just stop overthinking everything.

1|2
    0|0
    • I just love confident, realistic and practical women. Your advice and example are inspiring.

• I would never say I love you to a guy even if I actually did just because I’d be scared it would freak them out and make them dump me lmao yeah that’s my logic

0|1
    0|5
    • 1d

I liked this because I get the sense that you know this is ridiculous and yet, you're honest enough to be consistent in what you believe. Lol

• Why are such stupid questions even featured? How does gender make any significance in "Expression of feelings"? @GaG you need to Content filters or this community shall become boring and dead!

1|0
    0|0
  • The person that has the #courage & #love enough to say it first. TF? Gender has nothing to do with it. 😕

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter who says I love you first as long as they totally mean it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Okay well personally you should only say it if you are actually in love with the person. It really doesn't matter whether it's the girl or guy who says it first. I've never been in love before so I'm probably not much help

0|0
    0|0
  • God should say it first. The guy says next, the girl says it next. Then the then the baby:) wweee!

0|0
    1|0
  • Tbh, it should be whoever feels ready to say it first, but if you go by society people think the guy should always be the first to say/initiate

0|0
    0|0
  • Um... I don't see why sex/gender matters in this scenario.

But girl I guess, since they're more emotional... I dunno.

1|0
    1|0
  • I’m emotional and expressive when I’m strongly attracted to an available girl I can see myself with. I can’t stop myself from speaking my mind and heart out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t really see this as a gender specific dilemma

0|1
    0|0
  • The Girl. I know that whoever is saying it first is really putting themselves out there, but consider relationships generally tend to live and die based on how satisfied the woman is with the pace of the relationship. Too slow for her, she can speed things up. Too fast, that is death. If she hears those words too early, she she gets the too fast feeling. The Girl saying it is usually an indicator that she has had time to sort out these feelings. Guys tend to be impulsive. For the Guy to say it first, that takes some VERY precise timing, picking up on nonverbal cues, to avoid saying it too early and scaring her off.

I SUCK at reading people. And gullibility has harmed me in the past, meaning it will take a long time for a girl to earn my trust. So I can be forgiven for wanting the Girl to say it first.

But really, WHO cares who says it first in the long run. The important thing is the other person reciprocates.

1|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter but I personally prefer she say it first. Makes me less nervous lol

1|0
    0|0
  • The woman.

If the initial stages of risk depend on the man, well, this risk should be on the woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would the gender of the person saying it first matter at all?

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter. There should be no ego in these things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever feels the need to say it first. Personally though I feel the guy should though.

0|0
    0|3
  • There's no rules on this come on. Whoever wants to say it says it. Doesn't matter who's first.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no "should".

Whomever feels it first can say it.

2|1
    0|0
  • Whoever loves will say it first.
    Whoever needs love will expect other to say it first.

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn’t matter. They shouldn’t say it too early either. After three or four months is good. That has a more meaning to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever is inspired to do so.

But the man saying it first is my personal preference 😉.

0|0
    0|1
  • Gender does not matter, just communicate, go for it, it makes everything easier and better for both partners.

0|0
    0|0
  • There isn't a specific sex that should say it first. Whoever is ready to say it first should say it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It makes no difference does it really matter to you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys first according to me. They want to take the pressure of saying I alive You from the girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol why do girls think guys should say it first does it really matter

0|0
    0|0
  • The one with the most booze in them so they don't remember saying it in the morning.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter who says it first. But in a relationship, I would probably day it earlier

0|0
    0|0
  • Who ever feels it first should be the one to say it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg women worry about the dumbest stuff.

2|3
    1|1
  • If you feel it, say it. Don't be a pussy.

1|0
    1|0
  • whoever feels it first

0|0
    0|0
  • It does not matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever of both feels it first...

0|0
    0|0
  • Who feels it first.