Why are there so many old guys who think younger women want to date them?

I was at a bar with a friend recently, and we kept getting hit on by these two old guys who looked like they just got off work at their accounting firms. These weren't men who looked like 50 yo John Stamos or something, these were guys who had white hair and beer guts and probably weren't even much to look at when they were 20. To make it worse they were dressed in a way that made them look even older, in these cheap button-down shirts and khakis that looked like they were picked out by their moms. It was weird, but it happens often enough to make us wonder why so many old guys who look and seem old think young women actually want them. Are they really that delusional?

322

Most Helpful Guys

• As you get older you start to care less and your more willing to take risks and say things you wouldn't when younger. 20 year olds worry they will say or do something that will mess up life forever... Older people know that forever doesn't exist and so don't have that fear

• That's great, but there is fear and then there's delusional thinking.

• my last girlfriend was 18 and the one before that was 18 too. before that most of them were early twenties and i have to say its fine you dont like older guys yourself but you shouldn't assume no younger women do and then use the term delusional aimed at guys my age

• Those girls are the rare exception, though, not the rule. Most of us aren't sitting around hoping an older man is going to save us from... what, exactly? It's not a rational thought, just like it's not a rational thought for me to think that JJ Watt is just waiting to meet me so he can marry me.

• maybe im the rare exception but obviously the girls i spoke of werent because there have been many in my past... i wasn't suggesting all girls like older men but just illustrating you are wrong if you think all younger women are put off by the idea. oh and none of them expected me to save them from anything... we may have had a dom/sub thing going on in the bedroom but whatever age a partner of mine is i see them as an equal

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe because they have seen some younger girls with men within their age? They just give it a try. I am not young but I have been hit on by men around 40-50+++ lol.

• There are girls who like older men, but even with that, 30+ years of age difference seems to be a stretch. I like older guys, too, but my idea of an older guy is someone 10 years older, someone who isn't quite old enough to be my dad.

• And all the girls who grew up without a dad want those guys who are 20-30 years older