Would you break up with your partner if they gained a significant amount of weight?

would you break up if your SO gained weight
  • YES
  • NO
  • Other (leave a comment)
    Vote C

4234

Most Helpful Guys

• Not immediately, significant weight gain is in most cases a symptom of a deeper problem (i. e. depression, stress, going through some shit in life that affects mental state, or a physiological issue). I'd first try to help her figure out what the real problem is that's causing her to in the first place and help her get the support and help she needs. I'd also, out of concern for her health and mental well-being, encourage her to become more active and eat healthier.

If, on the other hand, she refuses to do anything about it and it gets to the point where it's draining for me I'd probably have to leave, but that would only be a last resort.

• If she takes me for granted and doesn't respect me or the effort I put then yeah. I work on maintaining my body not only for me but also for her. The least she can do is be healthy.

Most Helpful Girls

• No, BUT I would have conversations with them about their health and the concerns I have. The picture you shared is cringeworthy--- I know that's mean-- but that's not attractive at all... It would be hard to want a physical relationship with someone who doesn't take care of themselves at all.

• Nope! I’d probably suggest a work out together. Think of changing the routine for a more active routine. 😊