Are black women truly the most unwanted women in the world?

When it comes to being loved and dating, is there any point in us black women trying?
Are we better off just killing ourselves than being loved?Are black women truly the most unwanted women in the world?Are black women truly the most unwanted women in the world?

23

Most Helpful Guys

• I have known some wonderful black women. Even dated one, as well as women of other ethnicities. And one of the more recent popular black women is Michelle Obama. And she is so well liked not because of who she is married to, but because of how gracious, polite, and intelligent she is. There are many, many more, and they are starting to become noticed. Certainly many are loved and appreciated. Never give up. And when it comes to looks, you have an advantage there, too.

• Plenty of men like black women, and plenty of men are attracted to black women. Not just in a 'gee you too way', but in a omfg she's gorgeous way.

I check out black women all the time.

I think the extent to which black women are 'unwanted' is significantly overstated based on a few other factors. If you care I can go in to them.

• I do careπŸ™‚ I'm curious...

• I think there a higher proportion of black women having trouble getting partners, and then that 'idea' spreads and so black women may believe that it's the main reason why. It may be a reason, but I think it's a relatively small one. The bigger ones are simply some factors facing black women, either structural, or correlated.
      - a lot of 'what people talk about' is driven off the experience of women in colleges and/or in large cities. There are more men in the countryside, more women in the cities. There are more women in college. There are more women who are college grads. Those trends are true for all women, but they are -even more true- for black women. That's not a 'black women aren't desirable' issue, that's a 'more black women, especially those writing blogs or books are often college educated living in a big city and there's a big shortage of similarly situated black men'
      - There's a massive hole in America where black men should be. black women of marrying age outnumber black men by 1.5 million. That disparity does not exist for whites. Why? The men are in jail, or dead. In Houston for instance, there are 11 black women for every 9 black men. See www.nytimes.com/.../missing-black-men.html The impacts on this are -staggering. I'd suggest this is the biggest factor why a lot of black women are single, which is the real problem here.
      - What about interracial dating to make up for it? For a variety of reasons black women date interracially LESS then black men, which of course makes things worse. Why? I've seen at least as much data suggesting black women are resistant to the idea as suggesting the converse … that's as a group of course. Some do. But in terms of how successful they are, yes, some data suggests they are rated lower than other groups of women. BUT … that didn't adjust for -anything-. We -know- on average black women are more often obese. We -know- that weight has a big impact on perception of attractiveness...

• How close would rankings of black women's attractiveness be if we adjusted for weight? I don't know, but given how strong the signals around attractiveness are relative to the strength of the gap on race, my guess is -most- but perhaps not all. So yes, an overweight black woman will have a tougher time dating out then a slim Asian woman. That doesn't apply to black women who look like … say … you.

So yeah, some guys aren't into black women. But plenty are open to it. Data i'm seeing suggests the 'penalty' if any for black women is very mild compared to personal factors. The bigger reason so many black women are having trouble finding partners is that the partners that they'd encounter through friends and family so often just aren't there.