Are black women truly the most unwanted women in the world?

When it comes to being loved and dating, is there any point in us black women trying?
Are we better off just killing ourselves than being loved?Are black women truly the most unwanted women in the world?Are black women truly the most unwanted women in the world?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I have known some wonderful black women. Even dated one, as well as women of other ethnicities. And one of the more recent popular black women is Michelle Obama. And she is so well liked not because of who she is married to, but because of how gracious, polite, and intelligent she is. There are many, many more, and they are starting to become noticed. Certainly many are loved and appreciated. Never give up. And when it comes to looks, you have an advantage there, too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Plenty of men like black women, and plenty of men are attracted to black women. Not just in a 'gee you too way', but in a omfg she's gorgeous way.

I check out black women all the time.

I think the extent to which black women are 'unwanted' is significantly overstated based on a few other factors. If you care I can go in to them.

2|0
    0|0
    • I do careπŸ™‚ I'm curious...

• I think there a higher proportion of black women having trouble getting partners, and then that 'idea' spreads and so black women may believe that it's the main reason why. It may be a reason, but I think it's a relatively small one. The bigger ones are simply some factors facing black women, either structural, or correlated.
      - a lot of 'what people talk about' is driven off the experience of women in colleges and/or in large cities. There are more men in the countryside, more women in the cities. There are more women in college. There are more women who are college grads. Those trends are true for all women, but they are -even more true- for black women. That's not a 'black women aren't desirable' issue, that's a 'more black women, especially those writing blogs or books are often college educated living in a big city and there's a big shortage of similarly situated black men'
      - There's a massive hole in America where black men should be. black women of marrying age outnumber black men by 1.5 million. That disparity does not exist for whites. Why? The men are in jail, or dead. In Houston for instance, there are 11 black women for every 9 black men. See www.nytimes.com/.../missing-black-men.html The impacts on this are -staggering. I'd suggest this is the biggest factor why a lot of black women are single, which is the real problem here.
      - What about interracial dating to make up for it? For a variety of reasons black women date interracially LESS then black men, which of course makes things worse. Why? I've seen at least as much data suggesting black women are resistant to the idea as suggesting the converse … that's as a group of course. Some do. But in terms of how successful they are, yes, some data suggests they are rated lower than other groups of women. BUT … that didn't adjust for -anything-. We -know- on average black women are more often obese. We -know- that weight has a big impact on perception of attractiveness...

• How close would rankings of black women's attractiveness be if we adjusted for weight? I don't know, but given how strong the signals around attractiveness are relative to the strength of the gap on race, my guess is -most- but perhaps not all. So yes, an overweight black woman will have a tougher time dating out then a slim Asian woman. That doesn't apply to black women who look like … say … you.

So yeah, some guys aren't into black women. But plenty are open to it. Data i'm seeing suggests the 'penalty' if any for black women is very mild compared to personal factors. The bigger reason so many black women are having trouble finding partners is that the partners that they'd encounter through friends and family so often just aren't there.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• Statistically speaking, yes, you are the least desired of all other ethnicities/races.
    The point in trying is that there are plenty of people in the world, and being female, you automatically have it a bit easier than a male with finding a romantic partner.
    If You were to kill yourselves off, I know most (around 97%) of you would be missed by someone, or large groups of people. You have an impact on yourself and those around you. Killing yourself would leave an effect of mourning and grief for those that cared about you, and being lonely isn't really suicide warranted. Loneliness isn't the end of the world, and neither is being single. Being single isn't even that bad. You may be in need of love and affection, and that could be why you are thinking of this.
    Ironically as a black/Hispanic male, I'm fetishised... I can't say I like it, but it feels bad when the counterpart is less desired than I personally am.
    Have some patience. If that's you in your picture, you certainly have the physical body that other women would kill for, but you don't have the right mindset. When you get that, the confidence and energy will follow through and things should fall in line. The right person is hard to find.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not lonely, I have a boyfriend. He's Hispanic.

I just want to know if it's true. Thanks for your post. πŸ™‚

• Sure. No problem.
      Statistics do speak a bit, but not enough to speak for everyone. There are a few dating sites that have readily available stats if you're genuinely curious about men's racial preferences.

• no not at all I personally would give any woman the same chance as i would any other regardless of colour or race... all I ask in return is be honest with me and show me the same courtesy as i would them

2|0
    0|0
  • I would not say that, in fact, while I prefer Asian, I am most certainly open to dating a black woman, and I know if I feel this way, there are other men who also feel this way.

I have seen and heard of men who are attracted specifically to black women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Young lady, if that is your photo in your profile, you don't have any problems attracting any man of any ethnic group, religion, height, weight, clan, nationality or tribe.

You have an issue with self-image. Not with getting a date or with being loved.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you. Yes, that isbk in the profile picture. And I do have a boyfriend.
      I just get tired of seeing articles and comments dehumanizing black women. Saying how we're the least wanted, if at all. It gets hard to turn a deaf ear or blind eye to that stuff. We're human too and it stings sometimes.

Thanks for your response.

• That is me*

• Oh, yes, I understand now.

• No, don't say things like that, there is someone for everyone. I can tell you that the only reason I've never dated a black woman is because I live in rural Maine, there are no black women. That said, there are plenty of guys out there that adore you. Don't give up hope.

0|0
    0|0
    • Speaking of Maine, I want to ask you something; I would love to live in Maine, I think it's gorgeous. Would people in Maine mind black people?

• Show All
    • @Red_Arrow good advice. 🀣

• Thank you. I spent one winter there and my daughter was born there. Luckily it was probably the mildest winter they ever had.

• I like black women and I attract a lot of them. A lot of them have attitude, at least the ones I've met, but that doesn't mean they are unattractive. Like all other races, their beauty is unique to them.

I would never, ever turn down a woman because she is black. I would never choose another woman to simply avoid choosing a black woman. My first girlfriend was black and she was the one that has a problem with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I rather have black women they say Black is beautiful and that is true as far as i am concerned. If I had a choice to ever get married again it would be to a black woman.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I'm attracted to a particular woman, I'm attracted to her... period. Doesn't matter what race she is...

0|0
    0|0
  • You could be a red headed guy! lol It's worse believe me.

0|0
    0|0
    • I never understood that. I'd rather have white skin and red hair than black skin. At least you're still considered white.

• I've never dated a black woman, but only because I've never met one interested in me. I would have no problem with it if it makes you feel better? It's hard dating today, for all of us. I don't think it's your skin color honestly, it's just plain hard these days. Nobody seems to want to be bothered with it or trying.

• Why would killing yourself be better than being loved?

0|0
    0|0
    • It's better if you're not loved and just felt less than human.

• killing yourself is a cow wood way out of things. You could beloved by someone you do not know or ever meet. he could be a secret lover, then you kill yourself you would never no.

• You are defining yourself by the colour of your skin in the most negative way you can, and you couldn't be more wrong. Black women are beautiful.

• Some of the most beautiful women I have seen are black. I really admire their beauty a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you talk this way? What has happened to you , that you feel this way?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm usually not really into the typically black hairstyles.

0|0
    0|0
  • No idea. True that they're not what I prefer. Still, I wouldn't reject you, that's for sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see how that can be. I think they are gorgeous.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely in the minority honestly. I find them to be hot as hell though ;)

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean by in the minority? Like we're in the minority of men's perception of beautiful?

• Black guys want to be with white women these days. Just seems like less opportunity for black women. Then again I'm white and I find black women attractive.

• Why do u think that? They are not unwanted ofcourse.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are better than Asian women

0|0
    0|1
  • I dated black ladies before

0|0
    0|0
  • Not true, there are many beautiful black woman and this is coming from a white guy

0|0
    0|1
  • You ask these type of questions a lot. Ya need to work on your self esteem.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes