Vote A
  • No way
    Vote B
  • Maybe
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
My ex refused to eat in buffets. He thought they were gross, with the food sitting out for a long time and little kids sticking their fingers in it.

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Sure. There are a couple of places around me that are pretty good, and once in a while it's nice to have some different food choices and even sample 3 or 4 different food styles.

I'm all for a "nice" date sometimes, but just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean that every meal out has to be a 5-star restaurant.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've taken a date to a Chinese Buffet before. I met her on the internet and that was our first and last date but that's OK. The food was good but she was just picking at it... LOL

1|0
    0|0
    • It's tough because if she eats a lot the guy thinks she's a pig. If she doesn't eat a lot, they complain they're not getting their money's worth.

• Oh that's OK if she didn't eat a lot. The thing was she was almost non-communicative even though on the phone she was real outgoing. She said she has anxiety and takes one Xanax a week. She must have taken her weekly dose an hour before she met up with me! LOL... Almost seemed like a zombie.

• Ahh, probably right or she was really nervous about meeting such a stud in person !

Most Helpful Girls

• Absolutely, my boyfriend and I love stuffing our faces together. I feel bad for other people if they don't share that kind of relationship with their significant other. My boyfriend and I have contests to see who can eat the most, it gets really funny to see.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well, if you're in a relationship already I don't think of it as a date... more like with someone you just met. I'd be embarrassed to pig out. It would be hard not to.

• I personally believe that you can still go out with your boyfriend/girlfriend and still call it a date. Where's the excitement otherwise? I also recommend getting to know a person you just met and become comfortable with them before you go out on an actual date.

• No, but not for the reason you may think. Buffet food is RAREY any good. I've been to one buffet that was pretty tasty and that was a place called old country buffet. The others were all meh..

1|0
    0|0
    • That is actually one of the reasons I was thinking, plus the risk of food poisoning.

But it made me smile when you mentioned Old Country Buffet. It was my dad's favorite.

• Oh yea! Food poisoning! We have a golden coral here that is apparently toxic at best.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Absolutely, especially an Indian buffett.

3|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is good idea. Because being a picky person in food is make me feel free to eat and the best part is flexible. If one of us cannot eat beef or pork they are many other foods that you can enjoy. And you can taste different type of food from different country.

1|1
    0|0
  • Of course I would go to a buffet on a date. Who wouldn't want to do that? At a buffet, we can stay as long as we want, fix each other's plates, eat until we're full, and not have to worry about the staff hounding us with the bill.

2|1
    0|0
  • If its early dating, I would recommend moderation and limit what you eat as to not over indulge and have that ugh I can't move phase in the digestive process.. unless the date was planned on who can eat the most in a set time period. Later dates after long periods of time dating. Sure go for it and eat till you burst

1|0
    0|0
  • Ya, I've been to many dates with my boyfriend at a buffet since we are both skinny but eat like pigs lol we enjoy it a Lot though. We go to Chinese buffets.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, girls always try to earn something in date, It give them what they want, dos not it?

1|1
    0|0
    • I'm not sure what you mean

• Some of girls nowadays order too much in purpose in regular restaurants that they even can not eat all. so buffer is safe.

• and it is great

• Sure. The only buffet in my area is a fancier one where dress clothing is expected.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not for a first date, unless there was some place we wanted to go to, that had a buffet near it, that made it more practical to eat there, before going. On subsequent dates, it just depends on what we are doing, and what our relationship was like, and how often we saw each other.

1|0
    0|0
  • Haha well I don't think I've ever seen kids stick their finger in the food. Usually they're accompanied by parents.

But yes food that sits out for a long time is a bit disgusting.

However I'd still be ok with going to a buffet for a date. Probably not the first one, but eventually I'd be down with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not for first few dates. I like to focus on getting to know each other and have our foods served. Buffet feels like I have to focus on eating and getting all my foods to the table.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, i wouldn't consider that type of restaurant as a date.

I would have no problem with it after a date though, like a movie, etc.

1|0
    0|1
  • I've been to really fancy buffets before held at historical buildings. Buffet isn't synonymous with "food poisoning" and "cheap food". I've never gotten food poisoning from a buffet.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes why not what can't be no special about a buffett?

1|0
    0|0
    • It's cheap, the food is usually not great, risk of food poisoning?

• depends on the type of buffet. If its like those run down cheap buffets with no quality. Pass.

1|1
    0|1
  • I'd go to one for a date, but most likely not for the first date, haha.

1|0
    0|0
  • there's obviously differences in buffets just like with everything else.

you wouldn't go to mc donalds for a date and you wouldn't go to a 5 bucks buffet for a date either.

i mean have you ever been to a brazilian rodicio grill house? you basically get "buffet" but they go around with freshly grilled high quality meat constantly and it can be a quite nobel restaurant flair.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would as it gives lots of options, but it depends on what type of buffet (eg. seafood, mexican, etc.)

1|0
    0|0
  • Not for an initial date. Only maybe the next morning for a Sunday bruch buffet continuation of the date...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would! The choices in food out of all the options, is a built-in conversation starter 👍🏾

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm a "fat" eater, so I get to indulge as well as save money for the one treating.

1|0
    0|0
  • omfg yes!

that way I can eat what i want.

and see what he likes to eat AND is he a pig?

1|0
    0|0
  • That's not a good idea I tend to overeat and get my money's worth out of it and most buffets are kind of cheap not real high quality food

1|0
    0|0
  • First date? Lol they do not need to see me like that

1|1
    0|0
  • Only if they are comfortable going but no on the first date and not if there are no vegetarian options

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends; if it’s a seafood one, then maybe. Caesar’s Palace has a nice one

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds quite nice really. I've been to some really good buffets and I really enjoy them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not for a first date (unless she wanted/suggested it), no. But I would go to a buffet for a date later in the relationship, yes. I can understand your ex not liking to eat there. However, I do think that they keep track of the food in terms of how long it's been sitting. They do replace it every now and then so it stays as fresh as possible. As for kids? We need to encourage parents to do better in terms of tracking their kids' behaviors. If they have to get their kids' food first, then get their food first. They should go with their kids whenever they want something. I know not all parents do this, but that's why we need to set a better example and encourage other parents to do the same. Maybe we could encourage buffet places to hire people to be in charge of serving the food. That way, the kids won't have to dig into it (or at least won't be able to).

1|0
    0|0
  • The only good buffet I’ve been to was in Vegas.

1|1
    0|0
    • I've never been there but they have some good ones in Atlantic City

• Yes, it'd have to be in a non children's restaurant to prevent the child thing but most clean restaurants have people watching for that thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why shouldn’t I?

1|0
    0|0
    • The food's not fresh, the places often aren't very clean, and it tends to be a cheaper option.

• Show All
    • I went to a buffet where they served expensive foods like lobster, sushi and etc. As you can imagined, it wasn’t cheap either but worth the money!

• That sounds awesome!

• Lol If he had Money, honey, Dig IN>xx

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh, see here where I live it's a much cheaper option than paying for a regular dinner.

• Sure. It the foods good I wouldn't mind. I wouldn't wanna get too close to people though

1|0
    0|0
  • Fuck yeah, And I fast all night too.
    If she / he doesn't fast with you they're not the one.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, such binge behavior from others would not be appealing for a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • That make me look like a 🐽.

2|0
    0|0
  • You have a weird ex. I love buffets

1|0
    0|0
  • Chinese food buffet on a date is the best.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm torn... I love Chinese buffet, so many yummy choices! but at the same time I always worry about food poisoning with all that stuff sitting there. I know several people who have gotten sick.

• Interesting. I've never heard of that happening at the place I go to.

• Yes because I love food <3

2|1
    0|0
  • yeah. all the foods!!

1|1
    0|0
  • No, I'd go for a meal.

2|0
    0|0
  • Buffets aren’t know for their atmosphere

1|1
    0|0
    • If it’s for food without much talk then sure; hopefully that isn't all there is to the date

• Yeah that's fun

1|0
    0|0
  • Never done that before, good or bad idea?

1|0
    0|0
  • Fuck yes. Damn right I'm getting anything I can

1|0
    0|0
  • Definetly

1|0
    0|0
  • After a couple of dates yea haha

1|0
    0|1
  • Not an early date