Where are the best places to find someone to DATE?

• bars and clubs
  • online dating
  • grocery stores like whole foods
    Vote C
  • the gym
    Vote D
  • coffee shop
    Vote E
  • at work
    Vote F
  • Other (leave comment)
    Vote G
For the sake of argument... let's say "WHERE ARE THE BEST PLACES TO FIND SOMEONE FOR A LTR" Sorry for not being specific!

6078

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't do polls coach, but here's what I know...
    Church
    School
    Take a class in a new hobby
    Work (like a mine field, but can work nevertheless)
    An advocated introduction - AKA a fried or relative fixing you up on a blind date.
    Gym
    Grocery store
    Coffee shop

The best way to find a potential mate is make a change in your life that opens up contact to more and new people you haven't met before.

And work on those social skills - practice striking up a conversation with EVERYBODY you meet, EVERY DAY, EVERYWHERE you go. Get good at drawing people out. Everybody loves to talk about themselves. This way when Ms. or Mr. Right comes along you won't have any trouble striking up a conversation and keeping it going.

Love can't start 'till attraction does, and then there needs to be a conversation.

• Good points!

• Gyms I'd generally say not to bother and is often listed as one of the places women often don't like being approached for a couple of reasons. Women for some reason may be self conscious when all sweaty even though to most guys it's actually kind of sexy. Too many dude bros have approached them and bother them in their workout or dudes leering at them. And many want to get their work out in and don't want to be hassled. I mean I often see women with headphone in their ears and obvious sign they are focused in working out and not interested in chatting. Most of the other choices are true, but the gym is a more tricky one compared to the others.

• @brennanhuff - Reasonable. But you'll hear girls ask right here on GAG if a particular guy is paying attention to them at her gym if he likes her. Clueless for sure, but I wouldn't rule it out. Some are just there to play the field.

• The best place is through friends/acquaintances. Whether it's a party or get-together that one of your friends is having, or whether it's a social group of some kind (car club, book club, gaming group, sports team, etc.), being able to meet people in a social setting and get to know them a bit before you ask them out is likely to help you have a better chance of a match (because you can pre-filter people much better).

And if you are asking out people in person, there's no uncertainty that online "meetings' can have, and you know they're local because they are there, in person.

Most Helpful Girls

• its not so much as where, but how, I will repeat what I have written on here before, a stranger could be a friend you are meeting for the first time, if you are prepared to talk its surprising where that can get you, I met my husband by chance again it wasn't where, it was because we talked to each other, put down your phones and look around you, your date could be right there next to you

• You never know I met my partner on on a 6 hr train ride, we live about 150 miles from eachother. But exchanged number and kept meeting up that was 19 years ago now. I don't think there is a best place to meet someone