Would you move to another country to be with the love of your life?

Would you move to another country to be with the love of your life?
Would you move to a foreign country to be with the love of your life?
Would you move to a foreign country to be with the love of your life?
  • YES
    Vote A
  • NO
    Vote B
  • Other (explain)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• Nope. Because if things don't work out, you're stuck in another country with no one you know or can help you.

Ideally, I'd get to know the person over time, with LOTS of visits (both of us) and see what happens. If things work out, then we'd discuss moving to a location that would accommodate us both.

5|1
    0|0
  • It would depend on the country. If it was a country that is undemocratic and religiously oppressive like Saudi Arabia, I wouldn’t move to that country no matter how much in love I was.

2|2
    1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Not likely. I mean i might visit but i doubt she could convince me there's a better place in the world than the United States.

2|0
    0|0
  • No, unfortunately my education compels me to think rationally.

2|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It would depend on the country. As a black woman, I have to be careful where I go just because of racial biases I may face and stereotypes. America isn't the best country in the world, but even I have to admit I have much more freedom here as a black woman than I would in other places. So I'm not opposed to say moving to England or Ireland, but if you think I'm moving to China then you can kiss my natural black ass.

9|3
    1|1
  • I've done this More than once. Just be sure you can handle some adversity in the other country, because there probably will be some.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah i would

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course b😍

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t see why not? Yet there would be many things we would need to prepare for. Like if I needed to help pay our bills, where would I find a job? What if I can’t speak the language? I couldn’t just hop on a plane & leave everything behind. There’s a lot of factors to be considered.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t really believe in “love of your life”. So no probably not if that’s all there is for me.

2|1
    0|0
    • Ouchy Wouchy!

• I really don’t see this as being particularly unusual. If there is such a thing as “love of your life” then it seems to me something as trivial as distance shouldn’t matter much in the scheme of things. I also didn’t say I wouldn’t move. I just said if that’s a there is then no cuz it takes more than love.

• Honestly at first i jumped to yes but now when i think about how hard i became a permanent worker at my work place my answer is it depends... i love my job and if i were to move to another country i will hve to make sure first i won't be unemployed

1|1
    0|0
  • Wow only guys said no and only girls said yes.
    Curious

0|2
    0|0
  • If he got better job offer in another country, of course I move with him. Although we would both consider carefully the culture there and the location we are going to live.

1|1
    0|0
  • You would have to know the laws, have to get new doctors and dentist, get health care, when is the soonest you can work, means of transportation, cost of shipping if needed, etc. Hope you know the lanuage pretty well before going. On top of that, what if it does not work out.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's the love of my life, of course. But very unlikely since I would not get in a relationship with someone if they lived too far to see regularly.

2|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the country.

Yes:
    America, Canada, Australia, new Zealand, France , Germany, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Ireland, UK , Japan, Greenland and Iceland.

I may have left some out but ones I would move to:
    China, Russia, Korea, most places in South America ( don't know too much about south America so open to change), Arabic areas ( because war mainly) and Sweden ( because I really don't like the government at the moment in Sweden)

Any others I may have just forgotten about or are in the middle.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know... I'm dating a foreigner now, he lives in my country at the moment but isn't going to stay here forever. I guess time will tell.

0|1
    0|0
  • It only makes sense if you are a married couple and one of you finds a great job opportunity in another country and it is worth for the couple to move. Sometimes the SO also takes the time to find an opportunity there.

But if "lust" is taking you there, it's the stupidest decision on Earth.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I did for a while, I then came back before him just because my eldest son was ready to start school and I wanted him at school in England.

0|1
    0|0
  • A lot of factors come into play here... housing, employment, crime, weather, etc. Would do my best to make it happen if I love her.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, never. I’ve lived a more than comfortable life in the netherlands. Kids can really live well and safely here. I know and love my culture. I could not move away from all that I know, just for one person. No matter how in love i am.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh I think I would, but then again it depends like how much it would affect me like if my dream job was here in England I'd have to leave that

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I just can't bring myself to search that much. Too many American women who are plenty loveable and good.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't want to leave the best country on the planet.

1|1
    0|0
  • dude I'd go on the run to be with the love of my life, different place to probably be homeless all the time...

0|1
    1|0
  • Hellyes I would to be with my boyfriend the love of my life

0|1
    0|1
  • I moved to Australia to be with a guy. Couldnt be happier.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the country, but if it's a country I didn't mind then yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • The girl usually should move to the country of her man...
    If i had nothing in my country and no one, also jobless, yeah i'd move to her country

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done it twice! No regrets! Big love and lots of fun :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Most definitely. I would certainly prefer to live here, but that is secondary to being with the love of my life

0|0
    0|0
  • Did it once already. 11 years later she is living in the house I paid for, has 2 cars I also paid for and is $1000 a month better off. Not a good idea making that move for anyone. Too risky.

0|0
    0|0
  • HELL TO THE YES.
    Even if it doesn't work out,, I am sure I will be ble to get back on my feet. Life is an adventure, what do I have to lose?

1|0
    0|0
  • A possibility, but several factors such as job availability, country's condition and my partner's stability needs to be taken into account.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would like to travel to find love but I must first be financially stable.

0|1
    0|0
  • depends on the way of living, if we are poor in rumania no, if you we are comfortable then probably anywhere

0|0
    0|0
  • Always. I wanna move to IL now literally to be with my girlfriend, no matter her Mom, Dad and older brother would know if I ever exist.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah fam. Plenty of women out there for me to spend time with and “love” than having to stress and bug out for a girl in another country, who probably is being fucked by another dude for all I know

0|0
    0|0
  • It was supposed to happen but realistically, it just wasn't tangible. Sometimes love just isn't enough and sometimes for good reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know I like it here and I wanna start a life here plsu I wanna go to college here and my. family is here so I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I’m not sure how I would feel since I haven’t met that person yet, but if I truly think they’re the love of my life I probably would

0|0
    0|0
  • tIt depends really not on the person but many other things like where does my life stand and where does their life stand

0|0
    0|0
  • If I have money then yes. I have 30 dollars will that buy the taxi to take me to the airport?

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes because all I need is love. It's so hard to find in today's world😢

0|1
    0|0
  • I will move down to him because he is the love of my life. What else...

1|0
    0|0
  • Love knows no boundaries ! I definitely say go for it. Explorer and go see the world something most people will never do in their life

0|0
    0|0
    • You would be surprised that love can know boundaries and it hurts like hell.

• Trust me i know ! , my SO is over seas and it hurts everyday trust me i know it is not easy but if you truly love him you and he loves you why wouldn’t you not want to go over and see him? What is holding you back? If i could hop on a plane and see mines I’d leave rn! no baggage or anything! just so i can feel him. If you have the chance , my vote is take it.

• Yea, but realistically, it's a huge risk - well beyond sacrifice. You have to leave your family unit beyond, have a job lined up already, fly all your stuff out with you, get approved to even move there first off. If he's in Europe, like say England, they want you to have a bachelor's degree (if I remember correctly). I just read in the news last night that by 2021 26 countries in the EU is making it mandatory for Americans to get pre-screened before they can even visit. Right now one can visit for up to 90 days but in two years, it's not going to happen anymore. It's a lot to do. I wish my ex and I could have had more time together but money alone was an issue. I hope I don't sound discouraging.

• As life is now, no.
    Before how it is now, depends on where it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Even though politicians are going insane here, I still love the USA too much to leave.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the country and how much we liked each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not. Hypothetically it would be a win-win for her to move to the states though.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he lives in a shitty or cold country no way

1|1
    0|1
  • Yea because what’s life without someone u care for and can’t let go of

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes