What are your most important rules when going out on a date?

What do you try not to do while going out on a date with someoneWhat are your most important rules when going out on a date?

0|3

Most Helpful Guys

• 1. Don't answer the phone or a text unless it is truly an emergency (my mother is 88 years old.)

2. Don't talk about exes unless my date wants to hear about them.

3. Don't talk about money, income, etc.

4. Don't talk about sex unless we have gotten to the point that it is something which should be considered.

5. No burping, belching, farting, etc.!

6. Don't blow your nose in her presence; go to the men's room.

7. No cursing, off-color jokes, etc.

8. I don't have more than one drink early in the evening if I am driving.

9. Don't monopolize the conversation.

10. Don't forget to be a gentleman at all times.

7|0
    0|0
  • I dont have formal rules, and much depends on what she is comfortable with. No dubious places or illegal stuff, I guess.

3|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• -Have fun!
    -Don't be late or keep the other person waiting
    -Be a good listener and conversationalist! Don't just talk about yourself the whole time, but be willing to share some things about yourself as well so you get to know each other
    -Smile and laugh; it puts the other person at ease
    -Be polite
    -Don't check your phone or text throughout the date! Especially your first time meeting someone. That is one of my biggest pet peeves.

3|2
    0|0
  • No sticking your face in your phone. Unless there’s an emergency or someone’s constantly calling you (emergency), no phones!

3|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• My parents always told me
    -Dont talk about Batman
    -Dont dance like Ellen DeGeneres
    -Dont curl your hair because it looks like Nelly Olson's

I dont know, though. I just bring my real self and hope for the best.

1|1
    0|0
  • I always try to know who I will be dating before even considering a date!

3|1
    0|1
  • A few obvious guidelines when meeting a stranger and seeing if there is a connection:

- safety first. Meet in a public place, keep my eyes out for risk, make sure she feels comfortable.

- no cell phones. Once she is in eyeshot of meeting, the phone goes in my pocket. I may check it if I go to the restroom, otherwise I am there to spend time with her.

- be present and authentic. Dates are fun. I want to be myself which may come off as goofy or quirky; gives her a chance to get to know the real me.

- polite manners. Typical behavior of a gentleman: holding doors and chairs, compliments and please/ty, dining manners and keep smiling.

- take action. I always plan the first date and have an idea of how the night will flow and what activities we will be doing. That said I can be spontaneous and if I feel a connection want to show her both physically (touch/kiss/eye contact) and emotionally that I am excited to get to know her more.

- build for the future. I don’t want to tell my life story on the first date and because I have value she needs to work and bit to earn my trust and vice versa. Keep some things to myself for future dates and respect her boundaries when she communicates then.

2|0
    0|1
  • -Have my own transportation
    -Meet them at the place
    -Don’t go anywhere with them alone
    -Don’t leave my drink alone
    -Don’t let them walk me to my car
    -Make sure they’re not following me

This seems basic but I just try to treat a date as any person I’m getting to know. I’ve been on a date where it felt more like a job interview and dates in which they were so nervous we sat in silence for too long for far too often

3|0
    0|0
  • Bring my wooden club with me and show her that i'm a cave man, do not mess with me... haha

The rules are
    Be polite
    Tell the truth
    Listen to her
    Be serious
    Have some sense of humor
    Make her feel that she's the only female around
    Appreciate her looks, because she spent hours working on herself to go out with you... and ta ta that's it 😀

2|1
    0|0
  • 1. Don’t be on yo damn phone unless it’s super urgent or you’re gonna take a cute picture of us.
    2. For the time we are together, I will make you my top priority and you will make me yours.
    3. No PDA other than maybe a kiss on the cheek or holding hands.

1|0
    0|0
  • Be in the moment, pay attention, don't put any effort unless she does it, walk away if she is drama or contribute with negative energy or for that matter takes energy.
    She must take initiative to get anything physical.
    If I have to pay for her walk away without paying for both.

1|0
    1|0
  • I try not to talk about my views for conspiracy theories and history lol vut i never had a issue on dates but sometimes i just wanna see what some woman think so i can know how intelligent they're or if in dating a dud fir brains i need to just use as a jump off but it's not fair to judge so i just try not to bring it up lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Try not to be awkward.
    Don't talk about political issues.
    Don't talk about friends/ exes.
    Don't brag.

3|0
    0|0
  • No kissing on the first date. I try to talk and laugh as much as I can, be a litte weird, pay for the food or offer to pay if he insist that he will pay

1|0
    0|0
  • I try to be nice. I did a lot of online dates and I just tried to be nice even when I knew there wouldn't be a second date.

1|0
    0|0
  • talk too much
    don't ask too many questions
    ignore my phone.

2|0
    0|0
  • Be yourself, not an altered version of yourself. Compliment them, flatter them. Try to know them a bit before going out.

1|0
    0|1
  • Make sure you take a poop before leaving the house
    😂

2|0
    0|0
  • Dont bring any guys and stay close to. me at all times wbu

2|0
    0|0
  • Rule number one is what's shown in that picture, I don't race mix.

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to keep my mouth shut. I fail a lot.

1|0
    0|1
  • Look at other girls

2|0
    0|0
  • To have fun! That's it

1|0
    0|0
  • Simple... to avoid the clapp.

1|0
    0|0
  • just be polite an relaxed

2|0
    0|0
  • None. If I can't be myself what's the point?

1|1
    0|0
  • Score or rejected! Maybe a guy thing.

2|0
    0|0
  • Talk politics.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't kill a girl on the first date

2|0
    0|0
  • A traffic jam

1|0
    0|0
  • Talk too much or go too far

1|0
    0|0
  • If she doesn't offer to pay her share of the date she won't be getting a second date.

3|1
    0|1
  • she must give up that ass end of story
    do not waste my time

0|0
    3|0
  • Dont be thirsty.

2|0
    0|1
    • Or at least don’t make it obvious.

Recommended myTakes