Would you go on a second date if you found out in the middle of your first date that they were HOMELESS?

Would you go on a second date if you found out in the middle of your first date that they were HOMELESS?
  • YES
    Vote A
  • NO
    Vote B
  • Other (explain)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• There's a lot of homeless people in my city. I run into many of them daily. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that I would not know they're homeless to begin with. Homeless people are usually quite visible and wouldn't slip by me unnoticed.

It's not a likely scenario that I would end up on a date with a homeless girl and have her say "Oh, by the way, I'm homeless" and then receive a "Oh wow, I didn't know" reaction from me. I will most likely know they're homeless right away when I meet them. I'd help them straighten their life out before I would enter a relationship with such a girl.

I do what I can with the neighbourhood homeless individuals already. Blankets, socks, gift cards et cetera.

0|3
    0|0
  • Long story, short:
    I was making over 100k a year. Got divorced from an evil bitch - she stole all the money from our joint account, and bailed on me. I got evicted. That made it difficult for landlords to rent to me.. I spent nearly a year couch surfing until I could find a place to live...

So being homeless means absolutely nothing to me, now, so long as you're trying.

0|4
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I will be extremely uncomfortable because i will immediately put my attention of his situation over our date experience. So i believe i would not be able to focus on dating him rather than i will be trying to help him out get out of being "homeless". If things normalise I'm sure that i could be focused enough on dating him then.

1|1
    0|0
  • It honestly depends on 1. If they are a good person, 2. How long they have been homeless for and 3. If they are working towards getting out of homelessness. I wouldn't want to date someone who's just given up and wants to be homeless forever or wants to lean off my money

3|5
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think he should focus more on getting himself housed and fed, a job before getting into romantic relationships. I will even help him find a job so he can get started in life again..

2|1
    0|0
  • Probably not. I would be too concerned about her needing to be rescued and I have a rescue instinct that is counterproductive for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd never say never, but they'd have a lot of explaining to do and getting them a place to stay should be a priority not dating.

1|3
    0|0
  • Date? No.

It would be the kind of thing where ok, a relationship is sooooo not what you need to be focusing on now. Let’s be friends, keep in touch, hey how can I help you and your situation? That kind of deal. But it would be beneficial to neither of us to continue dating at that point.

1|2
    0|0
    • What if you had mad feelings for the guy half way through date? Just turn it off and say okay lets get you some help?

• Yeah.
      Put it on hold.
      Get your life sorted and I’m happy to help if I can, but it isn’t a situation where planning a second date would be the natural progression of events.

• Oh hold? love on hold? I can't believe what I am reading here!

• Well, lets just play along and say you wouldn't pick up on any weirdness or issues during whatever led to the first date... which I highly doubt. Like literally living on the street jobless, no money. I doubt that's likely, but ok.

Then no. No I would not. Two reasons, one this person is homeless and two, for this person to think that is something you don't need to tell someone you are asking on a date then that probably is tied to why they are homeless... so emphatic no.

0|1
    0|0
  • There's homeless and there's homeless. Living in the car for a week because she's moving, or living out of her car because she's got no family and just had a bit of trouble with her job, or she got fired ages ago and is working but just having a rough time, or she's aware that her family is very toxic, and is trying to get her life in order... I'd be understanding, and might be open to seeing her again.

If she's homeless because she got addicted to drugs and has a wild lifestyle that caught up with her, or she just up and left, or she's got some huge mental issue and won't get treatment, etc... to me that's way different.

Homeless because she doesn't want to work is different from homeless because your (now ex) husband ditched you and you're looking for a job and living in your car for a few weeks until payday.

Crashing with friends could be considered homeless. But there's also the "living on the streets" type of homeless.

Homeless and only spending time with me when I'm paying for the date, after a while, would probably become an issue. She can plan something from time to time, money or not...

I try to look at circumstances, figure out if they're valid as opposed to a knee jerk reaction.

0|1
    0|0
  • No (assuming you are talking about romantic dating)

1. I would have already asked basic questions (on a friendly level) before the first date. So if I’m just now finding out, that means they lied to me. The lie is a red flag. But at the same time I can understand how some would be ashamed to admit their misfortune. Still—I would have preferred to know sooner.

2. If they are homeless, the LAST thing they need is a damn girlfriend. If you don’t have a roof over your head and still trying pick up ladies, your priorities are definitely fucked up.

3. Connecting to #2, I’d rather just be a friend to them so I’d feel more comfortable helping them get their life in order.

1|2
    0|0
    • They lied to you? You ask if people are homeless before a date? What would that look like exactly? Hey you not homeless right? LOL

• Again, on a friendly level I’d ask about their life, which would include where they live. I know where all of my friends live because it naturally comes up in conversation when we talk about ourselves.

• Homeless people can be dodgy ! A cardboard box could still be a home! Anyway.. thanks for the comment and participating.

• Yes I would it isn't about how they look or if they are homeless or not... it is about the love y'all have for each other

0|2
    1|0
  • Depends on what homeless is. I dated a guy who relocated for his son and had a job but hadn’t found a place yet so was living in his car. It was very temporary. Also depends on why they were homeless. I do think they need to focus on getting out of the situation.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why are they homeless, how long have they been homeless, what is there plan to change that. All this makes a difference. Anyone can have a horrendous run of bad luck.
    I would think it's odd that they were homeless and dating though. If i was homeless my dating life would most likely be put on hold till i got that straightened out.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I like her, I don't care, but the flags go up...
    Jewel was homeless, she'd be a great catch for a guy that treated her right and understood her trauma!

0|1
    0|0
  • I think dating is something they wouldn't need at such an incredibly sensitive state. I would be there as a friend but I think I would help them focus more on getting help than romantic relations

0|1
    0|0
  • I was homeless at age 20, I was in a extreme amount of amount of emotional pain. I managed to to finally reach out to my sister after enduring 3 months in the underworld. It took me years to get past the shame and trauma. Eventually I started dating but I've only ever told that too a few people. If you ever looked at me, you probably never would guess that I went through that. So yeah I would give a homeless person a shot. Live and learn people.

1|2
    0|0
  • Yeah I’ve been homeless. It doesn’t make a person bad. Wash em up and have em tested before you fuck.

1|3
    0|0
  • I'd mostly be confused about why they are on a date instead of using there time to try and fix that issue. I suppose if I really liked them I would, but it wouldn't be until after their life was stable. Though I would still talk to and try to help them, I wouldn't consider that dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends why they are homeless? Are they just between jobs? Are they a junky? If the former, invite them to your house to get them cleaned up and help look for a job.

0|3
    0|0
  • Sure, just shower her up first at my place then at the end of the day I'll send her home with some food and plenty of cum.

Down the road she could just hang out at my place so she can actually apply for jobs, etc.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not entirely sure what I would do. Depends on how much I can trust her.

0|1
    0|0
  • it depends, for instance, if she believes in herself and wants to strive for something greater then yes. but if she has given up hope and stopped believing in herself then no. because I can't care for someone who stopped caring in themselves.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I would. I have been homeless myself so I can relate.

0|1
    0|0
    • So when you were homeless were you hitting up Tinder looking for the love of your life? lol

• That was the last thing I was thinking about but maybe I should have.

• Exactly.. who knows what would of happened! Thanks for the comment mate!

• Hell no! If they were trying to date whilst homeless they have their priorities way off.

Honestly, I'd question their intentions. Like are they going to just try offer sex for food and a roof over their head? Cause that's all kinds of messed up and I want no part of that. I want someone that wants me for me, not for what I can provide for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ah sure, why not?

There just won't be a third date is all and definitely nothing physical. But, why not show her a good time. Best part is you can drop her off anywhere in case she pisses you off.

Win/Win

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol. I've been homeless before but I was staying with a friend so that's different than living on the street. I'd say no relationship he needs to get his life together and I can help

1|1
    0|0
  • Lol. I was just having a discussion with a friend about his recent online dating experiences. Several of the girls he went on dates with seemed to be there solely to fund a place to live.

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted other because I've dated someone borderline homeless who had a mental illness and he ended up using me for my money, abused me and at the end he abandoned me and cheated on me when I better him. I tried to build him up and rescue him. I would be very careful in dating someone who is homeless... I would have to make sure he has a good heart, no substance abuse issue and has the motivation to get out of poverty. I don't want to go through what I've been through over again. I'm not a picky person... I just have standards :-)

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I’d worry that he was mooching off of me. And if he’s homeless he needs to work on that before trying to start a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't date said person. However, I would be a friend and there for the person. I think the last thing a homeless person needs is a relationship. You need to be able to take care of yourself and handle yourself before you can even fancy offering a part of you to someone else. I don't even think you can truly know who someone is when they are living in unstable conditions. If I felt a connection with the person I would be the friend they currently needed One day it could develop into much more or we would just remain friends. Who really knows what is written in the stars. But unless the person was more stable emotionally (you can't tell me homeless people are emotionally stable) and physically stable, dating wouldn't happen.

0|1
    0|0
  • I said yes because if they give off a great first impression and tried really hard to show you that they are trying then why not? They're putting in effort to let you know that it's not a joke to them

1|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the reason my date became homeless. It could happen to any of us.

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t have an issue with someone that lived in their van or with their friend or something like that, so long as they weren’t trying to work me I wouldn’t write them off…

0|0
    0|0
  • possibly, it depends if I was really into him and he is into me.

1|1
    0|0
  • Wouldn’t make money and being able to support yourself be the priority?

0|1
    0|0
  • That's tough.
    I would need a lot more context. If they were just evicted or kicked out is different than if they've lived in a cardboard box for 3 years

0|0
    0|0
  • If you’re actively working towards solving your problem. It’s almost a positive trait. Everybody goes through hardships. some worse than others

0|0
    0|0
  • If them being homeless was because of an addiction then they would need to get help first then worry about trying to get a job and a decent place to live. If they are going on a date they most likely have not been homeless long or are pretending to be homeless to scam you out of money and or food. If it is because of being a war veteran then they need to worry about getting a job and a decent place to live. If they have been homeless long enough they will need new clean clothes, dental care and medical care. They may also need rehab. For those who said they would get in a relationship with a homeless person, would you help pay for what they need to get back to being a productive member of society?

@coachTanthony
    Love at first sight is not real when it comes to people. It is lust at first sight.

0|2
    0|0
  • It would just depend, i would need to know the situation and how they were as a person

0|1
    0|0
  • No that isn’t a dealbreaker homelessness isn’t the easiest thing to get out of and if they are good people then I would want to be with good people.

0|1
    0|0
  • I just found out yesterday my 31 year old boyfriend lives wth his mom. It's okay. Rents are very high around here.

0|1
    0|1
  • selfishly i don’t need any more burdens added to my life

0|1
    0|0
  • Hygiene is alarming in this case. Dating shiuld be the last thing on a homeless person's mind.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd have to consider the circumstances of my first date with a HOMELESS person

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe if I love her and we would have a future. She could maybe live with me and find a job. Things could work out.

0|1
    0|0
  • No way! I’d have to be wary he was trying to move in with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure there's studies that the trait of openness to experience (which probably includes different ideas) decreases with age.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends if I liked him and how he became homeless

0|0
    0|0
  • I would very sorry for them and try to see if I can help them with getting back to normal.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends, if they still had a job maybe. But how did they have money fir the date?

0|0
    0|0
  • no sir i don’t wanna deal with that kinda stress

0|3
    1|0
  • Best the person works on themselves, get more economically stable and then look into dating

0|1
    0|0
  • Someone houseless isn't the problem , having a homeless attitude and settling for that lifestyle is the problem

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes