Would you want someone to be themselves on a date or sell themselves more?

Would you rather someone be completely themselves or for them to try and be their best, only tell certain positive things when on a first date?

Asking because I have had mixed options on this. I prefer to be completely myself and friends have said I act different at first?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Be yourself because once somebody sees the real you and tehybdont like it, they will dump you or ghost you anyway. It's better to be real than be dating a fraud. That's why I refuse to date strangers and be with people I am friends with for years and know. I have to already know their habits, their desires and personal information of their lives. Otherwise, I will distrust you and it would get my intuition flaring up that your hiding something. And of your body language expresses it I am going to find out. So rule of thumb: you can't hide or lie to me. Better to come with the truth even of I won't like it. I don't like fake people. I am not looking for a performance or an entertainer. I asked for a partner I can trust and have in my life. And I expect that person to share the same feelings.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would prefer for him to be himself more than try to sell himself. I mean if I said yes to a date, he doesn’t need to try to sell himself so much when he already got me to say yes to go on a date. I’d rather get to know what kind of person he is and his personality, so I would know if he can be okay and handle the way I am when I’m completely myself, which I mostly joke around and make the best out of things. And I know some guys to who have taken things too seriously and they don’t get the joke or sarcasm. Then THEY just think I’M weird one lol

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Sell themselves. A confident girl is a rare treat.

Most girls regret showing their true selves afterwards thinking it's a problem for you when it's not, then get insecure and don't speak to you again cause they're scared of being dumped. They prefer to reject themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Would you want someone to be themselves. . ." No, I want them to be someone else. :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Definitely be themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • Be themselves. I want someone who’s real and confident with being themselves. I don’t want someone who’s trying to impress me. I’d be impressed just by him being himself.

1|1
    0|0
  • Be yourself. I personally wouldn't want to fall in love with a façade.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course we are going to try to sell ourselves some on a first date, but it's best to be a much our normal selves as we can be. People are more attractive when being themselves anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can usually tell when a guy isn’t being genuine and is obviously trying to sell you on himself. I prefer him to just be himself and let me decide. I will see the good and the bad over time anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • He can be himself. It is so endearing. And he likes my French perfume. I can be my giddy self as well.
    https://youtu.be/z-lACxtNFO0

0|0
    0|0
  • But how can you sell yourself, if you are not being yourself? Then you are selling a different person besides who you actually are. If you sell yourself you have to be yourself or no one knows what you are selling.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather someone be themselves, because then everything comes across more naturally. If you try to go out of your way to sell yourself, it can feel too forced and almost cocky

0|0
    0|0
  • I want him to be himself. I don't want him agreeing with everything I say or having no strong opinions on anything (everyone has a strong opinion on at least something). Be interesting for gods sake.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like dates when the gal is casual and just being herself. No need to sell so tough. 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • What do you "objectively" consider "best" to be? What mommy and daddy told you? What they say on social media because if everyone says then it must be true?

Please learn to think for yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • be themselves because the true them will come out sooner or later

0|0
    0|0
  • Just being themselves because i would feel bad putting too much pressure on them. I know that's exhausting and i'm not going to be selling myself

0|0
    0|0
  • Sell yourself but don't be someone else. You can be yourself and show your best side.

0|1
    0|0
  • Be themselves, that way I can make my own decisions on like or dislike.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be themselves.
    But most people expect you to sell yourself

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

I personally don't do either. I am a very introverted person so it takes me a long time before opening up to someone. On the first date, they'll only know a bit of me, nothing false tho

• Being themselves.

0|1
    0|0
  • Be themselves. Rarely happens though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be themselves. I know I would do that

0|1
    0|0
  • Be themselves

1|0
    0|0