Would you want someone to be themselves on a date or sell themselves more?

Would you rather someone be completely themselves or for them to try and be their best, only tell certain positive things when on a first date?

Asking because I have had mixed options on this. I prefer to be completely myself and friends have said I act different at first?

1218

Most Helpful Girls

• Be yourself because once somebody sees the real you and tehybdont like it, they will dump you or ghost you anyway. It's better to be real than be dating a fraud. That's why I refuse to date strangers and be with people I am friends with for years and know. I have to already know their habits, their desires and personal information of their lives. Otherwise, I will distrust you and it would get my intuition flaring up that your hiding something. And of your body language expresses it I am going to find out. So rule of thumb: you can't hide or lie to me. Better to come with the truth even of I won't like it. I don't like fake people. I am not looking for a performance or an entertainer. I asked for a partner I can trust and have in my life. And I expect that person to share the same feelings.

• I would prefer for him to be himself more than try to sell himself. I mean if I said yes to a date, he doesn’t need to try to sell himself so much when he already got me to say yes to go on a date. I’d rather get to know what kind of person he is and his personality, so I would know if he can be okay and handle the way I am when I’m completely myself, which I mostly joke around and make the best out of things. And I know some guys to who have taken things too seriously and they don’t get the joke or sarcasm. Then THEY just think I’M weird one lol

Most Helpful Guys

• Sell themselves. A confident girl is a rare treat.

Most girls regret showing their true selves afterwards thinking it's a problem for you when it's not, then get insecure and don't speak to you again cause they're scared of being dumped. They prefer to reject themselves.

• "Would you want someone to be themselves. . ." No, I want them to be someone else. :)