Do women start asking guys out more often when they reach their thirties?

If it's true why is that? Do women start asking guys out more often when they reach their thirties?
  • Yes they do
    Vote A
  • No they don't
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I do. When I was younger... and stupider, I waited for guys to approach or say they liked me.

Yeah that timid, waiting crap does NOT work! At least for me. By the time the guy found out I liked him, he was seeing someone, or it was too late.

As I got in my late 20s, early 30s I realized if I wanted something, I had to be more aggressive or I'd lose it. So now if I want something, or yes, like a guy, you damn right I'm going to ask him out.
    Just last year I asked a guy out a guy I liked.

Does it always work?

Noo 😂
    But it's better than sitting around hoping I get approached.

3|11
    1|1
    • Haha well u gotta do what u gotta do to get what u want I respect that

• I guess it depends on the person. Maybe it's because a woman in her 30's is more experienced, might have more selfconfidence and knows what she wants better than a 20's. But there are 20's who do take a first step. At least when I do want someone to look at me, I go for them in my own way.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Do you mean when the women hit their 30s or when the men do? If women, yeah their market value drops shortly after 30. They get really desperate if they want marriage and kids, and those are the ones you want to watch out for. They will try to pretend they want something causal but then their actions say otherwise.

When men hit their 30s women in their 20s start throwing themselves at us. I had to put a lot of effort in dating women in their 20s when I was in my 20s, but once I hit 30 I don't even have to try.

0|2
    3|0
    • You are lying to yourself why? Lmao

• Show All
    • 5d

@Candy that’s just not true. Some guys prefer teens/kids and some guys prefer women in their 30s and 40s. Plus I just took a poll about it. Where’s that shadow guy at? He’s one of em.

• 5d

@Americanteengirl Guys that prefer kids/teens are called child molesters.

• Once their options start dwindling they get more desperate. The got addicted to the attention and thought they were special in their 20's.

1|2
    2|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Not me.

0|1
    0|0
    • Are u sure ur 37? U seem like a teenager

• Show All
    • I mean she is Asian. They look young until they look old.

• I thought she was about my age when I first saw her. “Eyo gurl, you lookin’ like a snack.” Is what I thought to myself. 😂

But I am not the type to hit on a chick on an online advice forum.

• More confidence

0|1
    0|0
  • I think they do it even less. 30 years old women are still popular with men (in my country having a lot of age gap is bad seen and people don't like it in general) so older women are still popular they aren't seen as unattractive.
    I think they would do it less accordingly to what guys have told me. They say they still believe in the "knight in shining armor" even when being old.

1|1
    0|0
    • Knight in shining armor?
      So when they have sex the girl asks hey do u have protection. He says yeah im wearing my armour.

• Isn't it the English expression? (I'm French so maybe I made a mistake ><)
      They still believe in the big love / Prince charming.

• It was a joke. I knew what u meant 😅

• I think that a lot young women tend to think they are way more important than they actually are, and they start to calm down in their 30s. That's why I find women in their 30s more attractive in general, because they often feel like actual adults, not like older teens.

0|2
    0|0
  • I haven't seen it as a guy. I have seen more women probably hit on guys or more agressively flirt with certain guys, but those have been tough to tell whether that's women in their late 20's or early 30's doing it. Some women can hit 38/39 and still look 25/26 (rare, but it happens).

Basically, most are not doing it with me... and I don't see them asking out most of my friends (unless the guys are built and really really really ridiculously good looking).

0|1
    0|0
  • That’s a bit iffy. But I have to say they do become much more forward and confident in their approach the older they get.

A lot of times at younger ages women are being courted by more and more men, and testosterone lowers as you get older so we give women less attention overall.

I think this happens reflexively.

A lot of it the rhetoric is “Well, I’m not getting any younger.”

0|1
    0|0
  • this is a good question as they get older i used to work with a woman who was young only 19 at the time i had a thing for her and i think she had a thing for me also but she never asked me out i would have asked her out if i know she 100% had a thing for me but she could have asked me out

0|1
    0|0
  • When they have nothing else to offer other than the looks that age stole from them, yes they do.

A mature woman wouldn't surround herself with shallow guys anyway, she would be confident enough in what her personality beholds, and she's convinced that the right guy will be attracted to that personality.

0|1
    3|0
  • Yes they do as there guy got them out of there life and they are looking for another mug to date them l say get lost nothing but a load of baggage with daft kids looking for a meal ticket they look older than there real age l am no mug

0|2
    1|0
  • Perhaps because of that whole "biological clock" thing, but that does not apply for all ladies that are in their 30s though.

1|1
    1|0
  • No. I have not done it and don't think I ever will.

2|1
    0|2
  • What a stupid pic. I think women in their 30s are more confident, but they still don’t ask out guys as my as guys do girls in all ages. Plus I heard women’s sex drive boosts in our 30s. 🤷‍♀️

0|1
    0|0
  • There is something wrong with that pic. 🤨... guys are always looking at their phones!

0|1
    0|0
  • Not me. I get asked out more in my 30s than I did in my 20s, by 20 year old too.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know, but I feel like women on their 20s doesn't like 18yo guys. It sucks and I don't know why is that. I'm nice, tall and cute.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would saw younger even though I haven't been asked out before.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't believe that.
    I haven't encountered women who would ask me out anyway, so…

0|1
    0|0
  • That hasn't been my experience. I was asked out way more when I was in my 20's.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes the older they are the bigger the chance it is they will ask you out

0|1
    1|0
  • Biological clock probably.

0|4
    2|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on individuals and intentions.

0|1
    0|0
  • No...

0|1
    0|0
  • No they don't

0|1
    0|0
  • I wish a 30 plus would ask me out

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes