Would you feel guilty if you cheated on your partner?

I came to the realization that the person who cheated on me in the past didn’t care about me and only felt guilty after he got caught. Like how could you not feel guilty for hurting the person who cared about you... I even asked my friend if he would feel guilty if he cheated on his girlfriend and he said no. For me I would be so overwhelmed with guilt. I’d never want to hurt someone I love..
-
this is a hypothetical question. Even if you wouldn’t cheat just imagine you did.
Would you feel guilty if you cheated on your partner?

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Call me crazy if you wish, I'm a man of honor. I'm reasonably certain that if I were to find myself cheating on a woman I'm in love with, I'd end up committing suicide.

4|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes, I'd feel guilty disgusted, ashamed to look at myself in the mirror and I'd tell my partner that I cheated and I hope he'd dump me because anyone who cheats shouldn't be given another chance.

2|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'd be cold and heartless if I don't feel guilty.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would feel really guilty even if i would think of another man in a sexual way. Doing anything with him would make me feel really terrible. Not only because i cheat but because i disappoint myself primarily. This is not a person my 10 year old self would admire and want me to become

1|1
    0|0
  • You're kinda new at the 'love' thing.
    People cheat for all kinds of reasons. And while you can't blame the victim there is always culpability for the failure of the relationship.
    Happy couples in love don't cheat.
    So, how many years exactly were you married?

1|1
    1|0
    • 5d

You don’t have to be married to be in love with someone 😒. You do this on every question I ask.

• Show All
    • 5d

@1828avaava1828 don’t answer them if they’re so “silly” then. 😒. You can get blocked too.

• 4d

Name calling. Real mature for someone your age 🙄. Don’t answer my questions if you’re just gonna be negative on every damn one of them.

• I would feel guilty if i cheated on any girl and i can honestly
    say i can take a polygraph test to prove i never cheated on
    any girl or women. My ex-girlfriends were Crystal and Kimberly
    was treated with love and respect , yes we had our ups and downs
    yes we made some mistakes but i never cheated on any of them
    i just wished we all love one another more but it was more kissing,
    hugs , holding hands , DPA etc. but i would of felt guilty if i ever
    cheated on them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only a narcissist would not. I would be totally torn up

1|1
    0|0
  • 1st i nevet cheat and to answer your hypothetical question, i'll feel very guilty, sad and a lot hurt, also see myself as an idiot and won't forgive myself if she doesn't forgive me...

That's why such things will never happen with me...

1|0
    0|0
  • I felt guilty when I cheated on my ex with online girls. Cheating wasn't a way to solve the problems of our relationship. I saw it a scape, and it was more a hell. When I look back now I realize how bad my sex cam addiction is.

First I have to good with my self, and I am not.

0|0
    0|0
  • https://eduncovered.com/truth-men-2013-10-22

“Men live for casual sex, only we don’t call it that because casual is a redundancy. Every liaison is casual because sex, to men, is as emotionally complex as ordering a pint.

Just because we stray – mentally all the time and physically when we can – doesn’t mean we don’t love you. When we say those three words, we honestly mean them. But we also mean the words we never say to your face: that we want to have sex with as many women as possible before we die. It’s nothing personal.”

0|0
    4|1
  • Yes i would feel guilty till my last breath if i cheat my partner

4|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I suspect it would be very difficult emotionally for me to cheat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I had to cheated for my ex to leave me alone for her to get the message I wasn’t feeling her.

1|0
    2|1
  • My fiancé/boyfriend cheated on me a few months ago. He broke down and finally told me about it due to depression, and feeling guilty. At least that’s what I think. He says he told me bc he’s an honest person, which is true. It was one of the reasons I fell for him.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Y’all still together?

• 5d

Yes. He decided after some “soul searching” that he loved me and wanted to be with me. We agreed to work it out. Its not perfect but we’re getting better.

• Absolutely. Knowing that I betrayed someone and likely gave them trust issues in their future relationships, I couldn't help but feel guilty.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd definitely feel guilty that's a fucked up thing to do to someone especially the person you claim to love

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I'll ever do it but let's just suppose I somehow did. Yeah I'm gonna hate myself for the rest of my life.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes. So guilty that I would immediately confess to it and face the music.

1|1
    0|0
  • If I tell you I never had a relationship with a girl will you believe me? If yes. I have not and I live in Christ. God bless you and your family. I will pray for you and your family.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I'm poly so... kinda hard to "cheat" since I wouldn't agree to something entirely monogamous anyhow.

0|0
    1|0
  • Absolutely, I despise cheating and would hate myself if I had cheated.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I would ever be able to cheat on my fiance, but in a hypothetical scenario I would feel really guilty even if I was not caught. I mean she loves me so much, she trusts me. Iwould see her everyday looking at me smilling, happy that she is with me a man she loves and trusts, feeling so lucky to have me... and I did something horrible to her, I wouldn't deserve that smile and love! That light in her eyes that say I love you I wound't deserve it! I couldn't take it, guilt would overflow me and I would confess easily.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, why would I be with someone if I was going to just turn around and sleep with someone else?

0|0
    0|0
  • "I even asked my friend if he would feel guilty if he cheated on his girlfriend and he said no.".. Well, you need to start askin questions about that friend.. LMAO... But, there was this long distance chick last year who even wasn't my girlfriend, but acted like we were together only when it was convenient for her, mainly talked to me at night, never talked on the phone, or face timed, and she constantly had an attitude with me over the smallest things. Yet I felt guilty for only liking somebody.. Imagine me in a relationship..

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I would be guilty, if I cheated. That is not good.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would be disgusted to myself. I would tell her I'm sorry and break up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Scientifically speaking people that cheat have sociopathic tendencies

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's a girl I love then obviously I would but I'm alone a d probably always will be

0|0
    0|0
  • DUH

Why would I hurt my boo? I feel guilty just by friendly talking to other girls lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I would but I never cheated on anyone so in truth I wouldn’t know.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me to chest, the guy must be freaking terrible so no I wouldn't

0|0
    0|0
  • I would violently ill.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but more toward God than anything else.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes! Extremely guilty.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most don't care about anything

0|0
    0|0
  • I just couldn't do it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely I would. But then I would not cheat

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah honestly I would♡

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely

0|0
    0|0
  • Bruh

0|0
    0|0
  • I have done it once and i do feel guilty...

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes, which is why I never cheated.

0|0
    0|0
  • There would have to be guilt if you cared

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i would

1|0
    0|0
  • I rather break up then to cheat